Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I want to change the font of the submenu items in my megamenu. At the moment the titles are sans-serif but the submenu items are a serif fonttype. Apart from that, the font colur of the active submenu and currently is very dark, I would like to hange that to a lighter colur that is mre readable with my megamenu background.

I have tried some solutions from the forum in my custom.css but they don’t seem to have the desired effect.

regards,

Pieter

TomC Moderator

To modify the “hover” color for your dropdown menu items . . . .

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_bookshop/css
    (so the file path will be /templates/ja_bookshop/css/custom.css)

Within that custom.css file, paste the following CSS rule:

.t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li a:hover, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li a:hover, .t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li a:focus, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li a:focus {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    color: #5b0a67;
    }

Modify the color code to whatever color you want.

If you’re unsure of the correct color code(s) to use, check this resource –> COLOR HEX CODE RESOURCES

pjotrij Friend

Hi Tom,

it works. The only thing that does not change is the current or active selected menu. So if you go to http://delichtzijde.nl/2014/activiteiten/2014-04-19-11-48-10/beth-moore-bijbelstudie you will see that in the mengamenu the item is dark. I tried adding a section in custom.css but without succes:
    .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li a:active {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    color: #ffffff
    }

TomC Moderator

Here is the CSS rule you should paste within your custom.css file, and modify the color code.

.t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li.active > a, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li.active > a {
    color: #5b0a67;
    }

pjotrij Friend

Tom,

Thanks for your swift and accurate help. This is totally what I needed!

Pieter

TomC Moderator

Happy to be of assistance . . . . All the best with your continuing site development. 🙂

thkellmann Friend

<em>@TomC 447061 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is the CSS rule you should paste within your custom.css file, and modify the color code.

.t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li.active > a, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li.active > a {
    color: #5b0a67
    }

</blockquote>

Top Job Tom, your code are solved some of my questions. Thank you.

But i have another question to a similar expansion.
    I used different Sidebar Navigation Menus and the same effect from the active Position (in Main Menu / Mega Menu) would also be for the sidebar navigation useful! Maybe you have solution!

1. active-sidebar-navigation
    TomC Moderator

So you’re saying you’re having a problem with the “hover” effect for your sidebar menu?

thkellmann Friend

Hello Tom, sorry for my late reply.

i want to change the mouse over color and use the same color for active position for selected menu in the sidebar.

I testing several enhancements, but never works without any problems and then i found Thememagic and must say “Thats it´s”.

Thememagic solves the most Questions.
    Thanks for your code to extend the mega menu.

TomC Moderator

What happened to your sidebar menu? :confused:

thkellmann Friend

Hello TomC,

i want “only” change the color in the main menu and sidebar menu.

First I tested it with css adjustments, I could not implement unfortunately.

Thanks for ThemeMagic, with this extension it was no problem.

1. active-sidebar-navigation-clolor
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thkellmann 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum