Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

What will be the best option to differentiate or highlight featured articles on homepage like attached image:

1) change the background of the featured articles on the homepage? I have looked into the template.css file but I can’t find the “blog-featured” item. Can you please direct me to the correct file.

2) or use the “well” feature to contain the featured articles? However, what will be the effect on other featured articles that will be on a different page?

I was able to change the class (well) on the page but can’t find the correct css file to make change reflect on page.

Please help.
    Thank you

1. news_items
    jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please do not apply custom code into our core less / css files. Please use custom.css instead

http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/customization.html

About another question please split into another topic. Each topic should have only one issue.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

mkfloresca Friend

Hi,

I thought about custom.css but not sure how the code is.
    Any help would be appreciated. But I will give it a try. You’ll probably hear from me again.

Thanks,
    Karla

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Please provide your site URL . I’ll give you detail code.
    Actually you still can use browser debugger to find out css selector and apply that into custom.css

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

mkfloresca Friend

I don’t have my site up on any servers yet except my local server.
    Can you just direct me to the css selector?
    If you look at my previous post with the image:

I have found that under the <!–MAIN CONTENT –>, where it shows class=”blog-featured”, if I replace “blog-featured” with “well”, it shows what I want to accomplish which is enclose my content in some type of background to differentiate it from the two side bars.

Am I on the right track?
    Otherwise, I really need help as I have been working on this for over a day now and I am sure I am just looking in the wrong place.

mkfloresca Friend

Hello,

I actually found a solution, although I hope it is not going to affect the site in the future.
    In /ja_university_t3/tpls/blocks/mainbody I added <div class=”well”></div> and enclosed the main content and I have now a well around my featured articles.

Karla

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Yes you can use this way. But custom.css is another way to prevent core hacking. Just little bit with CSS skill.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum