Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In Methys I have managed to find most places to change the colours I need – but just cannot find how to change the background colour of the right column.

swissa Friend

I’m not Joomlart staff / support but have Methys too so maybe I can help.

There are actually two parts that are coloured there. Which one or both do you want to change? Do you have a screenshot or so.

barryjjj Friend

The right hand column is grey I am trying to change it to a different colour there is a line between the white and the grey – put in by an image called dot.gif I found that and changed it but cannot find the place where the grey background is changed.

swissa Friend

Hope I have understood exactly what you want! :-[

You can try this one (backup the file first so that you can restore) or test it by changing the code in firebug first

templates/ja_methys/css/template.css @ line circa 947 and change the background

#ja-right {
    background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-y left top #f5f5f5;
    }

That will still leave you with a coloured bar to the far right. And that presents a few more problems as it is actually from the container so spans the whole width of the site

A quick Chrome / Firebug hack on my site and you could do this to get rid of it on the right (leaving white) without a new colour appearing on the far left.

This works for me but again take a copy of the file first so that you can restore and I don’t get the blame if it goes wrong! 😀

@ line 908 ish

#ja-container {
    background: url(../images/container-bg.gif) repeat-y center top;
    }

Change it to

#ja-container {

}

Hope that helps. Or is actually what you are trying to achieve!

barryjjj Friend

Thanks for you help all sorted.

By changing container-bg.gif to the colour I wanted on the right and white on the left and by changing the background colour line 947 to the same colour it works.

swissa Friend

Glad you got it how you wanted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum