Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello, I would like to change the color of the header from blue to white..can anyone please tell me wich file i must change?

Thank you!

1. poza-site
    Sherlock Friend

<em>@dyzzithe1 198271 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I would like to change the color of the header from blue to white..can anyone please tell me wich file i must change?

Thank you!</blockquote>

Dear dyzzithe1,

You can replace the background image file, it is here

templates/ja_social/images/header-bg2.gif

I Do hope that helps !

Phill Moderator

To help you find trhese things in future there is a fantastic tool for the Firefox browser called Firebug ( http://www.getfirebug.com ). With this tool you can click on any element on a live website and find or even test adjustments to that site. Give it a go, it will save you a lot of time.

dyzzithe1 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 198496 wrote:</em><blockquote>To help you find trhese things in future there is a fantastic tool for the Firefox browser called Firebug ( http://www.getfirebug.com ). With this tool you can click on any element on a live website and find or even test adjustments to that site. Give it a go, it will save you a lot of time.</blockquote>

Thx Phill for ur support“…i know and i use the firebug…but the problem is that i dont find the right file to modify…if is posible to modify only that section…but if is posible to change and if someone knows what file i need to change ..please give me a hint:)…
    I would be glad to have some good support..not only sarcastic support..
    Thank you!

Phill Moderator

Not meant to be sarcastic. Many people don’t know that tool nor how to use it. We have many users from beginners to experts so have no way of knowing where each user is on that scale.

Posting a link help, as does reading the relies already given.

<em>@dathq 198476 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear dyzzithe1,

You can replace the background image file, it is here

templates/ja_social/images/header-bg2.gif

I Do hope that helps !</blockquote>

dyzzithe1 Friend

Hello, sry for my late response…i was in vacation:)….
    Ok…i have change that file whit a new file…but now the template is almost all white…check the pic…

Is there another way to get that block white?
    Is it posible to make a big module for that block?
    Any help whil be much apreciat.

Thank you very much!

1. Untitled
    dyzzithe1 Friend

Hello again 🙂 …If i can do the next work…i dont need to change the color….So here it is…
    I would like to have a new big module between the logo and search module for the space between them…

Someone can tell me what i must add to the ja_social/blocks/header.php and the css file ?

Thank you an advance!

1. Untitled1
    Phill Moderator

<em>@dyzzithe1 200946 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello again 🙂 …If i can do the next work…i dont need to change the color….So here it is…
    I would like to have a new big module between the logo and search module for the space between them…

Someone can tell me what i must add to the ja_social/blocks/header.php and the css file ?

Thank you an advance!</blockquote>

Find

<div id="ja-search">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" />
    </div>

and before it add

<?php if($this->countModules('search')) : ?>
    <div id="banner">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="banner" />
    </div>

Then style in css as required.

dyzzithe1 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 200958 wrote:</em><blockquote>Find

<div id="ja-search">
    </div>

and before it add

<div id="banner">
    </div>

Then style in css as required.</blockquote>

I did what u sugested and it crashed my site…..and No..is not working…and the site doenst work……

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/public_html/templates/ja_social/blocks/header.php on line 47

Someone from suport can help me, pls?

Phill Moderator

Ooops, pasted that in badly.

The whole block should be

<div id="banner">
    </div>
    <div id="ja-search">
    </div>

Phill Moderator

If you would like to PM me your ftp details and the exact dimensions you wish the banner block to be I will make the edits for you.

dyzzithe1 Friend

Now i get this…the line is moved at 54….the last..
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/pumeala/public_html/templates/ja_social/blocks/header.php on line 54
    But if i remove the text u gave to me….the site is still not working……but i get this..
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/public_html/templates/ja_social/blocks/header.php on line 47

dyzzithe1 Friend

ok…i will send it

Phill Moderator

Please could you PM me an admin logon and a banner that you wish to include. Upload your banner in the admin panel and then just tell me what file it is. It is hard to check things with your site offline. The error should be fixed though.

Phill Moderator

As per your PM I have created the position “banner” for you. Try publishing what you need in there and see how it goes. The css is at the bottom of template.css called #banner. Please adjust as required. You may have to adjust the logo etc to make enough room for your chosen item to fit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum