Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How can I change the background color of the main content area as shown in the attached image. I tried modifying custom.css. The following did not do anything:

#ja-maincontent.clearfix,
    .item-page.clearfix,
    .page-header.clearfix,
    #ja-maincontent,
    section#ja-mainbody.container.ja-mainbody,
    div#ja-maincontent.clearfix,
    div#ja-content,
    section#ja-mainbody.container.ja-mainbody,
    #ja-mainbody,
    .ja-mainbody {
    background-color: #e3e0cc !important;
    }

1. tc
    lookk Friend

use thememagic application panel to change colors (available at the backend in template manager)

clrmedia Friend

<em>@lookk 353227 wrote:</em><blockquote>use thememagic application panel to change colors (available at the backend in template manager)</blockquote>

I can change the color of the modules, like the login panel on the right of the image. I cannot locate where you can change the background color of the main content area.

lookk Friend

if it’s the white color u are referring to (visible in your screenshot), it in theme magic too

clrmedia Friend

What setting in Theme Magic do I change? The module variables do not affect the main content area. Scaffolding changes the page background color.

lookk Friend

which part of site do you refer to as ” the main content area”? I thought it is the white background of k2 item or an article visible at your screenshot, other areas seem to have already been customized?

clrmedia Friend

It is the background of a normal Joomla article, NOT a K2.

lookk Friend

then change the following rule in in template.css of a given theme color folder

.item-page {
    background: #fff
    padding: 20px;
    }

#fff is white of course

clrmedia Friend

Thanks. That did it.

etchot Friend

Thanks. I have been dealing with this for some time :-[. I used the custom.css to make the change.

clrmedia Friend

Agreed. custom.css is the place to do it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  clrmedia 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum