Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

What CSS should I place in the custom.css file to center the nav menu? The bonus menu pulls to the left. I want to center it. Has anyone ran across this? I tried setting the follwing:

.nav-categories {
    font-size: 1.5em;
    }

.navbar-nav {
    margin-right: 25%;
    margin-left: 25%;
    }

That worked at first. However, when the screen is resized the nav links begin to stack instead of shrink and remain center until collapse.

Nazario A Friend

@crooked,

Please open file: /templates/your_template_name/css/custom.css then add this rule:

.t3-navbar.navbar-collapse.collapse {
    padding-right: 200px;
    text-align: center;
    }
    .navbar-nav {
    float: none;
    }
    .nav > li {
    display: inline-block;
    }

Let me know if this helps

karca Friend

Thank you Nazario A for your solution. I’ve added the code above to the custom.css and it centered Bonus menu great. But it also centered the drop down submenu πŸ™ Do you know how to leave it left aligned? And I have a question about Bonus menu – as I have it center aligned (but it had the same behavior when it was left aligned) – when I’m on the homepage the Bonus menu starts in some specific point but when I’m on the other pages (eg. items from Bonus menu) the Bonus menu moves to the right a little bit (20px?). You can take a look here. Could you, please, help me with this issue? Thank you!

Ninja Lead Moderator

@karca: I checked the URL of your site but I could not see Bonus menu and drop down submenu on your site. It would be awesome if you can possibly include a screenshot and description on that particular screenshot on what you would like to do.

karca Friend

Hi Ninja Lead, I have Bonus menu on the top of the pages – I moved it from its default position to the very top. Please look at it here again. And what I found out right now is that this code affected not only drop-down submenu (as I wrote above) but also my modules Starsovstvo and Kazatel CB Liberec (they were centered before and now are left aligned :-(). You’ve helped me with centering these modules πŸ™‚

Ninja Lead Moderator

Look at the screenshot below

I see it is showing center align on your site.

1. Screen-Shot-2015-03-24-at-21.55.46
    karca Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,
    yes, you are right πŸ™‚ But as I wrote above

<blockquote>it centered Bonus menu great. But it also centered the drop down submenu πŸ™ Do you know how to leave it left aligned? </blockquote>

I don’t want to have drop down submenu centered, but left aligned πŸ™‚ That is why I’m asking for help. And as I wrote above:

<blockquote>And what I found out right now is that this code affected not only drop-down submenu (as I wrote above) but also my modules Starsovstvo and Kazatel CB Liberec (they were centered before and now are left aligned :-().</blockquote>

Modules Starsovstvo and Kazatel CB Liberec I want to center – and I had it before I added the code for centering Bonus menu. After I added this code for centering Bonus menu, my modules (Starsovstvo and Kazatel CB Liberec) moved to the left where I don’t want them.

And the last question as I wrote above:

<blockquote>And I have a question about Bonus menu – as I have it center aligned (but it had the same behavior when it was left aligned) – when I’m on the homepage the Bonus menu starts in some specific point but when I’m on the other pages (eg. items from Bonus menu) the Bonus menu moves to the right a little bit (20px?). You can take a look here. Could you, please, help me with this issue? Thank you!</blockquote>

Thank you very much!

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can fix it with the solution below

Open templates/ja_appolio/css/custom.css file

find and change

}

}

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .t3-mainnav .container {
    width: 50%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    }

Hope it helps

karca Friend

Unfortunately the code youΒ΄ve gave me split Bonus menu to 2 rows that are not even centered πŸ™ But the drop-down submenu is now left aligned πŸ™‚ See picture

Modules Starsovstvo and Kazatel CB Liberec are centered πŸ™‚

Please can you help?

1. dvojite_menu
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Try to remove css style below in custom.css file

}

karca Friend

Now it helped with 2 rows, itΒ΄s again 1 row menu.

But menu is not centered πŸ™ Its closer to the right and when I change the size of the browser Search box hides the closest menu items. You can take a look.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try again with my tweak below:

Open custom.css file and add new rule

.t3-megamenu .level0 {
    }

.t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li a, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li a, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li .separator {
    text-align: left;
    }

karca Friend

Thank you, Ninja Lead. It didn’t help. I put the code above and it looks in a similar way. You can look on the page or look here on screenshot:

It’s still shift more to the right then exactly in the middle and in some point (as you can see on the pict) is menu divided to two rows even there is still enough place to move an stay on the one row.

1. menu_today-kopie
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I just fixed that bug directly on your site, please help me check it again and you can see it from custom.css file

}

.navbar-nav {float: none;}

.nav > li { display: inline-block;
    }

.t3-megamenu .level0 {
    }

.t3-megamenu .mega-nav > li a, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li a, .t3-megamenu .dropdown-menu .mega-nav > li .separator {
    text-align: left;
    }
    @media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1024px) {
    .head-search .form-control {
    width:100px;
    }
    }
    @media (min-width: 1400px) {
    padding-right: 0px;
    }
    }

karca Friend

Thank you, Ninja Lead. It works and is great πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  karca 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum