Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How can I change the JA Lens frontpage to display the category name of the K2 items instead of sorting it by year. Attached example of how I would like to do it.

1. change-category-name
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m afraid you will not be able to do without having heavy customization on this template because JA Lens frontpage only supports by Create Date at this moment.

cittadella Friend

How can I change Ja lens template to simple hide the dates of years in front page?
    Thanke you

Ninja Lead Moderator

@cittadella; This way will help you to hide the dates of year.

Open templates/ja_lens/css/layout.css file

From

body.layout-l .masonry .item-timeline {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    }

Change to

body.layout-l .masonry .item-timeline {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: auto !important;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    }

Remember to clear cache from Admin area

snc_mar Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 380764 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m afraid you will not be able to do without having heavy customization on this template because JA Lens frontpage only supports by Create Date at this moment.</blockquote>

Iā€™m in need to change year title to category title as well, but that heavy customization phrase sounds way too scary to me. I assume no update is coming any time soon, but can you recommend/know anyone here who knows masonry well enough to do that mod for some reasonable amount?
    Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I understood what did you expectation but with more and more customization you should hire a developer to carry out such work, customization support is out of JA support scope.

thiagogurga Friend

Hello @ninja Lead, thanks for the help in the removal of years in front page.

I also had the same problem and following yours guidelines I got to remove the years while the layout is checked for Linear Layout.

What I need to do to remove the years in Grid Layout too?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can remove Year in Grid Layout this way

Open templates/ja_lens/css/template.css file

From

.masonry .item-timeline .item-inner h2 {
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    color: #fff
    padding-top: 0;
    font-size: 200%;
    }

Change to

.masonry .item-timeline .item-inner h2 {
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    color: #fff
    padding-top: 0;
    font-size: 200%;
    display: none;
    }

pleanalyst Friend

Well…interesting…

Is it possible to remove the “blocks” that are displaying the number of items too ? How ?

or
    http://www.patrick-lefebvre.be/styles-de-shooting.html

Thanks in advance…

1. Image1
    Saguaros Moderator

You can go to file: /templates/ja_lens/html/com_k2/ja_lens/category_item.php

Find and remove / comment this block code (at approx line 73):
    [PHP]
    <?php if ($addTimelineBox) : ?>
    <div class=”item <?php echo $xclass ?> item-timeline year-<?php echo $this->currTimeline; ?>”>
    <div class=”inner item-inner clearfix”>
    <h2><?php echo $timeline; ?></h2>
    <p><?php echo $this->yearCounts[$this->currTimeline]; echo ‘ item’ . ($this->yearCounts[$this->currTimeline] > 1 ? ‘s’ : ”) ; ?></p>
    </div>
    <input class=”year-<?php echo $this->currTimeline; ?>” type=”hidden” value=”<?php echo $this->yearCounts[$this->currTimeline];?>” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>
    [/PHP]

pleanalyst Friend

It’s Ok šŸ™‚
    Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  pleanalyst 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum