Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

WTF?

I have one Menu item called Products: http://www.medist.im/products

This works fine.

Then I create another Menu item, that should link to other Categories, See Under Education -> Discussion
    This menu item does NOT work, but act as a CLONE of the Products menu item!!

WHY?

I had this problem for a while, and I cant solve this!!

napatjo Friend

I have this PROBLEM, and dont know how to solve it! Please help.

arucardx Friend

Did you solve it yourself? Because the menu item education -> discussion is pointing correctly to another page. I don’t see a clone of products.

napatjo Friend

no. I changed the menu item. I will change it back.

refresh site and u see it.

The Menu item DIscussion actually point to K2 categories Vascular and CABG. put by some reason unknown it points to the /products link.

arucardx Friend

Can you post screenshot of that menu item’s setting? Pretty sure it’s a setting problem. You installed using the quick launch package right?

P.S: Oww… the image on the homepage is really gross >_< Now I’m going to have nightmares….

Edit: Oh could it be that the menu item’s alias is actually “products” ? That would make perfect sense.

napatjo Friend

the alias is discussion

1. settings
    arucardx Friend

Nvm, no need the screenshots. I see where your problem is. You are using sh404sef or some other sef plugin to manage your urls. The rules you created is probably screwing things up for category links.

Try disabling your sef plugin and see if the problem resolves.

napatjo Friend

ok. I see. I use artio joomsef. Is that not necessary in 2.5 ?

What other redirection tool should I use then ? I need to make some urls that I can point wherever I want..

Thanks.

arucardx Friend

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. The problem is resolved after disabling artio joomsef, right?

As for whether artio joomsef is necessary or not, it depends on what you are actually using that plugin for? If you just want to redirect links, Joomla 2.5 does comes with its own redirect tools if you look under “Components” drop down menu in the administrator panel.

Still since the cause of the problem is found to be with artio joomsef and you need it assuming, why not just change the settings of that plugin? Disabling it was just to see if that was the cause of the problem, and if it is, then the plugin needs to be fixed or modified since that behavior is unacceptable.

napatjo Friend

sure. youre right. It was solved after disabling the artio jomsef component. I will try to alter the settings. There might be a solution then, I might test another too, the sh404 . Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  napatjo 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum