Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

When I set up a category blog section, no modules published in ‘right’ position show up on the main blog page. They do howver show up on the article pages once you click on an article title. Any ideas?

Also, I understand that the ‘from the blog’ module on the front page is run by K2 in Joomla 1.5 version. Where is it though in version 1.7 I cant see to find it.

have a nice weekend all!!

Pete

TomC Moderator

<em>@talklfc 279218 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also, I understand that the ‘from the blog’ module on the front page is run by K2 in Joomla 1.5 version. Where is it though in version 1.7 I cant see to find it.

Pete</blockquote>

Greetings Pete:

As of this time, K2 has not yet been integrated into our J1.7 JATC Templates – and, unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with any kind of definitive time-frame as to when such will be accomplished.

I can say, however, that the November 2011 JATC Template will have the K2 2.5 component integrated.

talklfc Friend

Thanks for the quick reply Tom. I think you misunderstand me though. My issues are these:

-If I want to change the text ‘from the blog’ in version 1.7, where do I do that please?

-In category blog view, the modules published in the right column arent showing but do show if you click on an article title and go into article view. How can I get the module in ‘roght’ position to show on the category blog page?

Thanks

Pete

talklfc Friend

I figured out the category blog page problem – I had an extra div tag in an article.

Still don’t know how to edit ‘from the blog’ on front page though lol

PS Tom, I read the blog about the November template. It looks and sounds wonderful. Well done guys.

TomC Moderator

<em>@talklfc 279500 wrote:</em><blockquote>I figured out the category blog page problem – I had an extra div tag in an article.[/quote]
    CONGRATS, Pete . . . It’s amazing what a little trial-and-error can accomplish, isn’t it?
    I learn something new every single day.

<em>@talklfc 279500 wrote:</em><blockquote>Still don’t know how to edit ‘from the blog’ on front page though lol[/quote]
    Have you checked through User permissions within the component itself?

<em>@talklfc 279500 wrote:</em><blockquote>PS Tom, I read the blog about the November template. It looks and sounds wonderful. Well done guys.</blockquote>
    Appreciate the positive “pre-release” feedback, Pete. I think it still remains to be seen how this new JATC Template will be received utilizing the “new” shopping cart extension . . . but innovention is generally a good thing. (Besides, at this moment, VirtueMart has not yet released their stable version for J1.7)

talklfc Friend

1. 100% Tom. The day we stop learning is the day to call a halt lol

2. Which component though – that’s what I’m wondering?

3. It looks real good. I assume the actual catalogue is K” powered? If so, it’ll be familiar and acceoted. People will become used to the new shopping cart so long as you can add taxes and delivery charges. That k2store plugin looked great until you realised you couldnt add those variables (Think they have addressed this now though).

Nice talking to you Tom. You have very good manners and are one of the nicer support mods I’ve dealt with. I really am starting to prefer JA overall so I think I’ll upgrade to a developer account next time.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  talklfc 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum