Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I have a page that is Category Blog Layout. I have intro images for each article. I want to make those images link to the article as well. I have searched around but can’t find an answer. Any ideas?

Also is it possible to replace that image with a module if I decide to go in that direction?

An example I am using is this URL: http://174.121.36.165/~tgagenet/index.php/strains?start=9

Pete

Stork11 Friend

<em>@petermatra 325661 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey guys,

I have a page that is Category Blog Layout. I have intro images for each article. I want to make those images link to the article as well. I have searched around but can’t find an answer. Any ideas?

Also is it possible to replace that image with a module if I decide to go in that direction?

An example I am using is this URL: http://174.121.36.165/~tgagenet/index.php/strains?start=9

Pete</blockquote>
    Hello petermatra,

I custom “<div class=”article-image”>” in “/templates/ja_kranos/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php” file, about line 165 to wrap “article details” link to image.
    Before:
    [PHP]<?php echo $image ?>[/PHP]

After:
    [PHP]
    <?php if ($params->get(‘link_titles’) && $params->get(‘access-view’)) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($this->item->slug, $this->item->catid)); ?>”>
    <?php echo $image ?></a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $image ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

Best regards.

Peter Matra Friend

Thank you very much! It seems like so many people want this feature in Joomla but I could never find an answer.
    Pete

richnyc30 Friend

I’d like to link the category blog images to the articles. I looked at the code mentioned here and it doesn’t seem to apply directly to the Argo template. Any suggestions?

Saguaros Moderator

Kindly follow this thread 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum