Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all

When i create articles in specific category and trying to view it as category blog item menu, the articles dosent display as the article. For example i want to show an unordered list with specific style more than 300 chars and when we go to category blog view the article is cuted to 50 chars without style and without unordered list.

Is there any code cousing that? If yes tell me where, to cut it out

Please your help we be valuable

Thanks

arucardx Friend

Link to your website with directions to where the problem is found? I don’t understand what you’re trying to ask but I do know that K2 has a parameter for intro text cut off. Though styles assuming you mean extra fields are manually added to each articles. Unordered I suppose would be sort by random?

Can’t really help you without any visual aid.

Kovou Friend

I’m posting images to show you the problem

Tell me if you want more information

Thanks

1. Untitled1
    2. Untitled2
    3. Untitled3
    arucardx Friend

For the sorting, try going to Menu Manager -> Top -> Your category.
    1) Expand Blog Layout Options on the left.
    2) Set Category Order to No Order?

I don’t see any intro text being cut off in your picture too. Though I don’t understand why there’s two same articles being shown on homepage.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@xkovou 331827 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all

When i create articles in specific category and trying to view it as category blog item menu, the articles dosent display as the article. For example i want to show an unordered list with specific style more than 300 chars and when we go to category blog view the article is cuted to 50 chars without style and without unordered list.

Is there any code cousing that? If yes tell me where, to cut it out

Please your help we be valuable

Thanks</blockquote>

Hi xkovou,

That’s by default, In the category blog view it only show the introtext section of articles, Do you want to show fulltext article content ?

Kovou Friend

Hi sherlock

I know that by default the category shows only the introtext. I want in the category blog view and when the introtex shows, the styles of the text not be changed.

For example, see here http://edu1.lifedesign.gr/index.php/k2

In this article we have colors, bolds and italics at introtext, but when we are on category blog we can see only bold styles. I want the introtext display all stylles, like collors italics and unordered lists.

Sherlock Friend

Hi xkovou,

You could open the file of templatesja_wallhtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php look for this snap of code and remove it
    [PHP]
    // get first paragraph
    $regex = ‘#<p[^>]*>(.*)</p>#i’;
    if (preg_match_all ($regex, $introtext, $matches)) {
    $p = array();
    $c = 0;
    foreach ($matches[1] as $match) {
    $t = trim(strip_tags ($match, ‘<a><b><strong><br><font><i>’));
    if ($t) $p[] = $t;
    $c += strlen($t);
    if ($c > 50) break;
    }
    $introtext = implode (‘<br />’, $p);
    } else {
    $introtext = trim(strip_tags ($introtext, ‘<a><b><strong><br><font><i>’));
    }

[/PHP]

That would help to keep the original text of introtext section 🙂

Kovou Friend

Life Saver. You are to the top Sherlock!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kovou 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum