Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

after I enabled url rewriting and implemented my own version of seo (creating hidden menu with all items in top level), I can no longer assign the carousel or the masshead module to any menu items.

I make sure to assign them to both the hidden menu item and the main menu item, if such. But they have just vanished.

Any ideas?

Best, Astrid

Hayden A Friend

Hi Astrid,

I logined your site backend and see that you assigned Carousel Customers module (position: features-intro-2) to page Kunderne siger … (Alias: kunderne-siger) and page Kontakt CR8 (Alias: kontakt-cr8). However, features-intro-2 position only display in features-intro-2 layout.

If you want to show carousel in page Kunderne siger … (Alias: kunderne-siger) and page Kontakt CR8 (Alias: kontakt-cr8), please open this templatesja_biztplsblocksmainbodyone-sidebar-left.php file and change from:

[PHP]<!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-xs-12 col-sm-8 col-sm-push-4 col-md-9 col-md-push-3″>
    <?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘masshead’)) : ?>
    <!– MASHEAD 2–>
    <div class=”<?php $this->_c(‘masshead’) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘masshead’) ?>” style=”raw” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

<jdoc:include type=”component” />

</div>[/PHP]

To
    [PHP]<!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-xs-12 col-sm-8 col-sm-push-4 col-md-9 col-md-push-3″>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules(‘masshead’)) : ?>
    <!– MASHEAD 2–>
    <div class=”<?php $this->_c(‘masshead’) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘masshead’) ?>” style=”raw” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules(‘carousel-intro’)) : ?>
    <!– MASHEAD 2–>
    <div class=”<?php $this->_c(‘carousel-intro’) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘carousel-intro’) ?>” style=”raw” />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

<jdoc:include type=”component” />

</div>[/PHP]

Then, you need to change position of Module Carousel from: features-intro-2 to carousel-intro

Regarding Masshead module, please follow this guide http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-module/ja-masshead

aztrid Friend

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I am not sure I have made myself entirely clear.

Example:

In the menu CR8 Ydelser, I have created different kinds of menu items. The one called Social Media is a menu item alias which points to a menu item (also called Social Media) in a hidden menu. I made this construction in order to get the neat URL. However, the Masshead module does not show although I have assigned it to both the main menu item and the hidden menu item.

The one called Web & Digital points to a single article, and here, the Masshead shows up fine.

Same thing goes for the carousel. I can solve it by using “Modules Everywhere”, but I would like it to work the traditional way around. Also, the “Modules everywhere”-solution does not seem to solve the Masshead problem

Is it just that it is impossible to make this little “SEO hack” and still have the module displaying?

Best regards,

Astrid

aztrid Friend

Hi, just following up. I implemented the changes in your latest post. It didn’t work.

Best, Astrid

Hayden A Friend

@aztrid,
    I can’t login backend you site.
    I need to debug directly on your site, please PM me url, admin and ftp credentials of your site

aztrid Friend

I sent you those yesterday 🙂

Hayden A Friend

@aztrid,
    I still fail to login your site. Kindly check again and PM me correct info: url, admin and ftp credentials of your site.

Hayden A Friend

@aztrid,

I checked your site and see that the menu – CR8 Ydelser=>Social Media that calls the Social Media within hidden menu (Skjult menu) has id: 682 ( pls see screenshot http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/691/1293947493.png ). Thus, you need to login backend => Module Manager => Open Module JA Masshead => add this code:

[Masshead Itemid=”682″ title=”Social Media” background=”templates/ja_biz/images/bg-masshead.jpg”]Integration, shared media platform, markedsføring, awareness[/Masshead]

Then assign to Social media in Skjult Menu.

aztrid Friend

Thank you, that solved the masshead issue 🙂

The carousel, however, is still not showing up: http://cr8.anansi.dk/social-media

I have assigned it to both the visible and the hidden menu item and the position carousel-intro (after implementing the changes you posted above). I have also tried assigning it to features-intro-2 again. That didn’t work.

Best, astrid

Hayden A Friend

@aztrid,

<blockquote>The carousel, however, is still not showing up: http://cr8.anansi.dk/social-media</blockquote>

Here is the workaround:

If you want to show carousel in page Kunderne siger … (Alias: kunderne-siger) and page Kontakt CR8 (Alias: kontakt-cr8), please open this templatesja_biztplsblocksmainbodyone-sidebar-left.php file and change from:

<!-- MAIN CONTENT -->
    <div id="t3-content" class="t3-content col-xs-12 col-sm-8 col-sm-push-4 col-md-9 col-md-push-3">
    <jdoc:include type="message" />
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules('masshead')) : ?>
    <!-- MASHEAD 2-->
    <div class="<?php $this->_c('masshead') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('masshead') ?>" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

<jdoc:include type="component" />

</div>

To:

<!-- MAIN CONTENT -->
    <div id="t3-content" class="t3-content col-xs-12 col-sm-8 col-sm-push-4 col-md-9 col-md-push-3">
    <jdoc:include type="message" />
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules('masshead')) : ?>
    <!-- MASHEAD 2-->
    <div class="<?php $this->_c('masshead') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('masshead') ?>" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules('carousel-intro')) : ?>
    <!-- MASHEAD 2-->
    <div class="<?php $this->_c('carousel-intro') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('carousel-intro') ?>" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

<jdoc:include type="component" />

</div>

Then, you need to change position of Module Carousel from: features-intro-2 to carousel-intro

I helped to add ‘carousel-intro’ position to these files: one-sidebar-right.php, two-sidebar-left.php, two-sidebar-right.php, two-sidebar.php. The carousel displays now on http://cr8.anansi.dk/social-media, however you might need to edit the style as you wish.

aztrid Friend

Thank you, that helped. I also added the workaround to the no-sidebar.php. Am finally beginning to see how this thing works ^_^

Have a nice weekend!

-astrid

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aztrid 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum