Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi. I have a problem: the captions I add to the images are not showing in the article view.

In the other side, captions are showing in the thumbnails (frontpage and category page) which should not happen.

Could you pleas let me know what should I add to my custom.css to fix it?

1. support1
    2. support2
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    could u add the caption again ? its not showing on homepage , as in your screenshot : http://prntscr.com/cw26ek

hcardenas Friend

Thanks for your attention, Pankaj. I just added the caption again. Please check.

regards,

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can show caption with below solution
    Open file "/html/layouts/joomla/content/image/intro.php" in template "ja_hotel"
    Find

defined('_JEXEC') or die;

replace it with

defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;
    JHtml::_('behavior.caption');

save and check .

Best Regards

hcardenas Friend

Hi Panjak.

It makes appear the caption in the Article View (which fixes one of the issues, thanks), but the caption still appears in the frontpage and in the Category page. How do I hide the caption there?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You have to remove the caption from article > Images and links > Intro image > image caption .
    Or add below code in custom.css file

.magazine-item-media .img_caption p.img_caption {display:none;}

This will hide the caption from JA ACM article images .

hcardenas Friend

Thanks again. It works, as you mentioned, for the JA ACM article images, but it is still showing caption in the Category page. Please look at this:

http://www.elinformador.com.co/guia/index.php/atractivos-turisticos/santa-marta

In fact, the idea is that the caption should show only in the Article View.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    There is no caption showing for image on this page : http://prntscr.com/cw3tqr

hcardenas Friend

Plase check again. That was because I was doing some test in the custom.css to try to make dissapear capton from the Category view, using:

.img_caption p.img_caption {
    display: none;
    }

It made dissapear the caption from the Category view, but also from the Article View, so it didn’t work as I expected.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Use this code in custom.css file

.view-category .img_caption p.img_caption {
    display: none;
    }

Regards

hcardenas Friend

Hi Pankaj. Tahnk you very much!!, It worked fine. Now the caption is showing in article view, and hidden in Category View and Forntpage.

There’s a new issue related to caption, but I don’t know if I should open a new topic. Please let me know:

When there’s a caption in the image of an article, a extra space (p or br) appears below the image.. It appears in the article View and in the Frontpage (it doesn’t happen in the category view).

In the article view, the extra space is appearing below the caption.

In the Frontpage, the extra space is appearing below the image (since the caption is hidden with the the code you provided me)

In the Category view, there’s not extra space (the caption is hidden with the code you provided me).

Please look at the attached pictures. It only happens in the articles where there is a image with caption (hidden or not).

Could you please help me to eliminate that extra space?

Thanks in advacen,

1. support3
    2. Support4
    3. support5
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Add below code in custom.css file to remove this space

.magazine-item-media .img_caption {
        margin-bottom: 0px!important;
    }

.article-intro-media {
        margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    hcardenas Friend

Pankaj, it worked like a charm. I can’t thank you enough. Outstanding support!!

Thanks a lot,

Holman

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hcardenas 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum