Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have added the Captcha – ReCaptcha on the Contact form of Ja Community Plus, however it’s not visible. In the Contact Manager Options I have set Captcha – ReCaptcha on ‘Allow Captcha on Contact to’. Under the Captcha – ReCaptcha plugin I have added the Public and Private Keys of the account registered on Google’s ReCaptcha.

Please advise, I’ve been breaking my head on this for hours! Any assistance or advice would greatly be appreciated.

The Joomla version is 2.5.23

Regards,
    Henning

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Henning,

Could you PM me URL and admin login info of your site? and also the url of that contact page, I will investigate further.

Henning Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Any progress or updates on the Captcha – ReCaptcha.

Kind regards,
    Henning

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Henning,

In contact page of your site, you’re assigning a single article called Contact to display in contact page, not the single contact page as our demo site.

Please try to change the menu item type of contact page from Single article to Single contact type, the captcha should show then.

Remember to clean JAT3 cache after changing.

Henning Friend

Hi Saguaros,

This menu item type is a ‘Single Contact’. The contact page to which you are referring to only consists of a map and contact details. The Contact form that I’m having problems with is located under the menu ‘Xpertise’, and the name of this menu item is ‘Enquiry Form’ (This is the single contact menu item type).

Regards,
    Henning

Henning Friend

Hi Saguaros,

We’re you able to locate the ‘Enquiry Form’ single contact type menu item? Let me know if there is anything I can do from my side. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
    Henning

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Henning,

The configuration in your site seem to be correct, can you try to access file/folder in your site and apply this fix: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/broken-captcha/ ?

Please take a backup of your site first.

And let me know how it goes.

Henning Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I made no changes to the ‘recaptcha.php’ file located under plugins/captcha/recaptcha/. The file was already fixed.

Line 24 to 26:

const RECAPTCHA_API_SERVER = "http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api";
    const RECAPTCHA_API_SECURE_SERVER = "https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api";
    const RECAPTCHA_VERIFY_SERVER = "www.google.com";

Line 118:

$response = $this->_recaptcha_http_post(self::RECAPTCHA_VERIFY_SERVER, "/recaptcha/api/verify",

Cleared the cache and refreshed the page but the captcha is still not showing. Any other suggestions?

Regards,
    Henning

Henning Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Any progress? Please read my previous reply. Thanks again.

Regards,
    Henning

Henning Friend

Hi,

Does anybody have any other suggestions? The captcha is still not showing. My client is getting rather impatient, please any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Henning

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Henning,

I have fixed the problem directly on your site. Below are steps I did:

+ Open templates/ja_community_plus/html/com_contact/contact/default_form.php file

Change

defined('_JEXEC') or die;

To

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
    $captchatext = "";
    JForm::addFormPath(JPATH_SITE."/components/com_users/models/forms");
    $form = JForm::getInstance('com_users.registration',"registration", array('control' => 'jform'), false, false);
    $captcha = $form->getField("captcha");
    $captchatext = $captcha->input;

+ Add captcha code into field form

Change

<div>
    <button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('SEND'); ?></button>
    </div>

To

<?php if(!empty($captchatext)) { ?>
    <div class="clear">
    <label title="" class="required" id="jform_captcha-lbl"><?php echo JText::_( 'COM_CONTACT_CAPTCHA_LABEL'); ?>:</label>
    <em> (*)</em>
    </div>
    <?php echo $captchatext; ?></dd>
    <?php } ?>
    <div>
    <button class="button validate" type="submit"><?php echo JText::_('SEND'); ?></button>
    </div>

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Henning Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Thanks, the captcha is now visible and working 100%. I appreciate the help!

Regards,
    Henning

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Henning 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum