Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When I try to update anything (for which an update exists) in the extension manager, I get the messages “Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Invalid Message Upgrade failured.”

I did initially create a local repository, but now point to remote: http://update.joomlart.com/service. In hindsight, for my use I will always updated remotely so there was no need to create a local repository. But now I don’t use it — I just point to remote. I have never been able to upgrade successful via extension manager, maybe I’m doing something wrong?

I am using joomla 1.6.3 and T3 frameword 1.2.3 (trying to update to 1.2.6) and extension manager 1.0.2 . I have seen this message posted here, but the response was in a language I did not understand.

Is this a known issue? Is there a solution?

-billb

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend
    microvation Friend

Thanks this is helpful, I no longer get the Invalid Message error, but I do get a permissions error now:

Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Your account does not have enough permission to take this action. Please contact “JoomlArt Updater Service” for more information or use another account.
    Upgrade failured

Any suggestions as to what might cause this or how to address it?

Thanks,
    -billb

Phill Moderator

Sure, you need to put your membership credentials in the settings. As I am sure you can appreciate, JA would like to keep members coming back so as per their terms and conditions only members with an active account are allowed to download and upgrade templates and certain components. To facilitate this check JA have put a feature in the extension manager that performs these checks befor you can upload.

To input these details go into the JA Extension manager and click on the “Services Manager” menu item on the left. A window will appear with details of the services available. Click on the “Edit” button on the right for the “JoomlArt Updates” item.

In the “Authentification” box input your JA username and password, the same one you use to logon to this site. Save your config and you should be good to go.

microvation Friend

yes that’s what it was. thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  microvation 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum