Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi JA

I wish to upgrade my JA Rave template (1.o.1) and then core Joomla files (1.6.3).

I have tried to upgrade JA Ext and get an error.

I can see the JA Ext component in the component menu, but there are no sub-menus with it.

So, when I try to uninstall it to re-install it, I get this;

<blockquote>JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /data02/……./administrator/components/com_jaextmanager
    JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
    JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /data02…………./administrator/components/com_jaextmanager
    JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /data02/……………/administrator/components/com_jaextmanager
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /data02/……………./components/com_jaextmanager
    Could not delete the administrator menus.
    Component Uninstall: Can’t uninstall. Please remove manually</blockquote>

Please advise best way to proceed.

Many thanks.

David

jooservices Friend

<em>@davidryedale 257926 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi JA

I wish to upgrade my JA Rave template (1.o.1) and then core Joomla files (1.6.3).

I have tried to upgrade JA Ext and get an error.

I can see the JA Ext component in the component menu, but there are no sub-menus with it.

So, when I try to uninstall it to re-install it, I get this;

Please advise best way to proceed.

Many thanks.

David</blockquote>

Hi there,
    Would you mind PM with your site access than i can help you for checking ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

resortsolutions Friend

I have the same issue so what was the eventual solution?

Adam M Moderator

@resortsolutions,

Please uninstall your current version, then download and install the latest version of JA Extension Manager.

resortsolutions Friend

I tried that but get an error message…

Failed deleting en-GB.com_jaextmanager.ini
    Failed to delete /home/xxxxxx/public_html/test.xxxxxx.com.au/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jaextmanager.ini
    Failed deleting en-GB.com_jaextmanager.sys.ini
    Failed to delete /home/xxxxx/public_html/test.xxxxxx.com.au/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jaextmanager.sys.ini

Uninstalling component was successful.

Neither of those files are in the en-GB directory.

Can you send me a link to full manual uninstall of JAEM or advise another solutions? If you’d like to check the site then let me know and I’ll flick you admin log in details.

Adam M Moderator

As you can see at the end of error message ‘Uninstalling component was successful.‘, which means that the component has been uninstalled anyway.

The error message is a bug in old version but has been fixed already, so you can download the latest version and install as normal.

resortsolutions Friend

Thanks for your response Adam. I have attempted to install the latest version (2.5.8) numerous times, and it is listed in Components after the install, but the link goes nowhere.

The install displays the following error…

JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/xxxxx/public_html/test.xxxxx.com.au/tmp/install_539e4be0d91fc/admin/en-GB.com_jaextmanager.ini

Installing component was successful.

I note it indicates a successful install but it doesn’t work.

The site was started from an old site template which may have used different user information, which may be causing it to fail.

Might be easier if you have a look at admin to see what I mean.

Adam M Moderator

Please provide a temporary admin account via private message, I will take a closer look and investigate the problem for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum