Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Got to be honest, this installation of JA Barite is my first go with a J1.5 install, and there are certainly some differences from J1.0x.

In Ji.0x it was pretty straightforward to display menus and modules on the front page, and then have them not appear on the article pages, but I’m darned if I can do this here in the J1.5 Quickstart install.

For example, I want the Left module position to appear on the front page, but not in individual article pages, I could do that in J1.0x, but seemingly not here unless I’m missing a very obvious control. Similarly right1 and right2. If they appear on the front page they always appear on the article pages as well, which makes for a very narrow full article display and I’m at a loss how to change it.

Is the front page no longer treated as a separate module in J1.5 so that it can be handled differently to article pages then? If so I’d be strongly tempted to go back to J1.0x to get back the extra control of module positions.

Help please.

Edit: Looks like it may be a sh404SEF incompatibility – you need to include the Category in the URL string for the differential display to work properly.

Which leads me on to the other issue which is that neither the newsflash, newslight or contentscroll modules link through correctly – I just get ../?task=view which does precisely nothing. No proper hyperlinks at all (Read More… etc. in the articles works OK though.)

Edit: None of the 3 modules concerned work with SEF enabled, either J1.5’s weak effort at SEF or sh404SEF – all 3 work without SEF enabled. Any cures please?

Edit: v1.3 has cured the issue in newslight. I have other problems with newsflash and contentscroll due to incompatibility with latest phil-taylor components, but nothing new there!

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Very useful if you make some screenshots in more detail ?

chrispay Friend

Hi nguoiabcd, I’ve actually answered my own points in the various edits. Specifically, v1.3 has answered most of them, but also including the Category in the URL string if you’re using sh404SEF. 🙂

Sherlock Friend

ok
    can i mark this topic is solved ?

chrispay Friend

Yes, you can

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chrispay 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum