Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Not sure where to post this. Ever since I have been testing the JA T3V3 blank framework/template with the new Joomla 3.2.0 (and the RC and Beta’s)….every time I go into a MODULE, and then try to SAVE, it does nothing.

This is present in EVERY website that I manage.

I was hoping that the new t3 plugin 1.4.2 would fix this issue, but it doesnt seem to be the case.

Please advise….

brenot Friend

Can’t Save Modules EITHER…

What happens? please, this is a worderfull template, wirh a rich variations of use, I think, but need to works..

Thanks

austenn01 Friend

as per my post, it is not specifically related to THIS template, its the ‘JA T3V3 blank framework/template’ (i cant find a thread devoted to it). And as per my comment, “It Won’t Save’. Simple…..

MoonSailor Friend

Hi @austenn01,

I checked your site, it is not saving module changes, because of JS error

if (task == 'module.cancel' || document.formvalidator.isValid(document.id('module-form'))) {if (tinyMCE.get("jform_content").isHidden()) {tinyMCE.get("jform_content").show()}; tinyMCE.get("jform_content").save(); Joomla.submitform(task, document.getElementById('module-form'));
    if (self != top)
    {
    window.top.setTimeout('window.parent.SqueezeBox.close()', 1000);
    }
    }

and

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'task' of null

in file Site_ROOT /media/system/js/core.js

When i checked in localhost with t3 blank and joomla 3.2, modules default of joomla running normal.

In your site, when i disable t3 plugin – it’s still error.

Show, i think the process of updating your site to joomla 3.2 error.

Now, pls back-up your site, download update package http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joo…ackage_id=6783 and update it again.

@brenot : Provide more details about your site? Or pls PM me the admin access and site url of your site.

Regards.

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

It has nothing to do with ‘updating’ my site. The same issue is present in a clean installation of latest T3V3 framework with my usual extensions installed.

richtrfc Friend

I too am having this problem. I did a clean install of Joomla 3.2.0 tonight using the quickstart for this template, and I cannot save a lot of modules, most notably JA Slideshow.

Thanks

MoonSailor Friend

Hi @austenn01,

With t3 plugin disabled, When i checked your site default modules of joomla, it still shows errors.

But when i check in my localhost – joomla 3.2 fresh – install t3 plugin and t3 blank template, all default modules of joomla are running normal.

<blockquote>
    It has nothing to do with ‘updating’ site.
    </blockquote>

your site does not use any other extension of joomlart – modules or plugin except t3 plugin and t3 template. So, i believe the error is from core of joomla in your site.
    <blockquote>
    Now, pls back-up your site, download update package http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joo…ackage_id=6783 and update it again.
    </blockquote>
    @richtrfc:
    <blockquote>
    and I cannot save a lot of modules, most notably JA Slideshow.
    </blockquote>

It’s bug of modules. Pls open file “modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/japrofile/helper.php” find code

$japp->initialise(array('language' => $japp->getUserState('application.lang', 'lang')));

and change it to

$japp->initialise();

Regards.

austenn01 Friend

Mate,

i dont mean to be rude, but I have sent you a 2nd website, which was a CLEAN install of Joomla 3.2.0 with my usual extensions installed…and the SAME issue is present. It has nothing whatsoever to do with upgrading from Joomla 3.1.5 to Joomla 3.2.0.

I have tested this scenario many times now, and you have my test site logins to prove it.

I appreciate the help, I really do, but I dont want to waste anyones time or my own with testing the wrong things (as i have already spent the time testing that exact scenario).

The problem is either in Joomla 3.2.0 or with an extension conflict with either another extension OR with Joomla 3.2.0

brenot Friend

The guy already have the solution,, Try out

it works for me

thanks

austenn01 Friend

The fix relates to JA Slideshow module…..however, I don’t have JA Slideshow module installed.

The link above to ‘update package’ goes to a NOT FOUND page.

Oh, and to clarify the problem even more, NONE of the buttons in the module edit screen work, IE: Save, Save and Close, Save and New, Save as Copy, Close…none of these work, they dont do anything.

I’ve been told it could be a javascript issue…

MoonSailor Friend

@austenn01: Have you tried the solution in my post here ?

I have tested, by switching to joomla default modules but I still face the same problem on site

<blockquote>
    if (task == ‘module.cancel’ || document.formvalidator.isValid(document.id(‘module-form’))) {if (tinyMCE.get(“jform_content”).isHidden()) {tinyMCE.get(“jform_content”).show()}; tinyMCE.get(“jform_content”).save(); Joomla.submitform(task, document.getElementById(‘module-form’));
    if (self != top)
    {
    window.top.setTimeout(‘window.parent.SqueezeBox.close()’, 1000);
    }
    }
    Cannot read property ‘task’ of null
    Site_ROOT /media/system/js/core.js
    </blockquote>

May be you have some issues with your upgrade from JOOMLA 3.1.5 to 3.2. Please backup your site and try to do upgrade JOOMLA version again

Ping me if you need to help any further assistance

richtrfc Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 397348 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @austenn01,

@richtrfc:

It’s bug of modules. Pls open file “modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/japrofile/helper.php” find code

$japp->initialise(array('language' => $japp->getUserState('application.lang', 'lang')));

and change it to

$japp->initialise();

Regards.</blockquote>

Hi MoonSailor,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but the fix doesn’t appear to have worked.

The path of the file you mention – “modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/japrofile/helper.php” – I do not have exactly that, the closest I have is:

modules/mod_jaslideshow/admin/helper.php

I edited a similar line of text within that, but it did not work :((

Any more suggestions?

MoonSailor Friend

Hi @richtrfc:

Pls PM me admin login info, url and ftp access of your site.

I’ll check and fix it for you.

Regards

austenn01 Friend

Ok,

so to clarify again, this has NOTHING to do with an UPGRADE!

I have spent time installing clean installs and installing only select extensions.

The problem is between JoomlArt T3V3 Framework and NoNumber extensions (not sure which extension yet). I have notified the NoNumber developer and now I am notifying JoomlArt. I hope we can all work together to fix the issue.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi austenn01,

It’s not bug of t3 plugin or conflict between JoomlArt T3V3 Framework and NoNumber extensions. It’s bug of NoNumber extensions.

When i disable all plg of NoNumber – and enable t3 – module is running normal (when save modules).

When i disable t3 plugin – enable all plg of NoNumber – modules can’t save.

You can recheck again,

Pls contact NoNumber for problem.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  austenn01 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum