Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I can’t use quickstart of teline4 to install it with sample data.
    First I got the message after creating the database :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘TYPE=MyISAM

However I have bypass this issue.

What I cant at all achieve is to import the sample data. I am getting the message about “OPEN XML …” I have tried almost any suggestion I have found in the net but there is no solution, even manualy I am getting errors in the php my admin.

I am trying to install it on a local server so there is no online link for this.

An interesting note about this issue is that I just installed a new joomla 1.5.23 install with sample data with no problem, as well the latest quistart with the erio template of Joomlart with sample data with no problem.

*** Latest addition, I just also installed without any problem the 1.7 quickstart version…***

So what might be the issue ? Is it possible that there are any errors in the quickstart files ?

pavit Moderator

Hi pontikoua

Have you tried to downlad again the zip file ? maybe in your original download some files were corrupted

I have installed on my localhost and it works fine without errors

pontikoua Friend

Yep I re downloaded but it didn’t make any difference.

Pavit, with that quickstart file, do you get at first the message about the “…TYPE=MyISAM…”… ?

Now for the sample data in manualy import I am getting error like :

Error at the line 645: TRUNCATE TABLE `jos_jaem_log`;

Query:–

TRUNCATE TABLE `jos_jaem_log`;

MySQL: Table ‘teline415.jos_jaem_log’ doesn’t exist

pavit Moderator

On your local server you are using xaamp ? maybe the problem is on your local server try to check all the config file like php.ini and the my.ini file in mysql folder

otherwise download the last version of xaamp and reinstall it again on a separate folder

pontikoua Friend

I am using Mamp on mac os x. But why I don’t get these errors with the other installations. I did manage to succesfully install with sample data a default joomla 1.5.23, the erio quickstart template from joomlart, as well the telineIV quickstart with sample data for j1.7.

Please Pavit, can we manage to try the following … somehow to send me your quickstart zip file to try with it…

If that is not big trouble for you can you upload it somewhere. Thanx for help.

TomC Moderator

Did you follow the steps outlined here –> [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-perform-a-quickstart-installation-a-step-by-step-guide-2011/

pontikoua Friend

Hi Tom… I have already installed about 40 joomlart quickstarts. Usually I didn’ t need to create the db manualy as it was created within the web installer while installing steps. Now for te teline4 I have already tried both ways. Manualy creating the db with phpmyadmin as well waiting for the web installer to create it. None of these ways was succesful. I am messing with this thing the last 3 days. However since today I din’t tried again with manualy creating the db I will give it one more try according the tutorial you suggested.

Did you read my previous posts ? Have you getting any clue regarding the issue ?

TomC Moderator

<em>@pontikoua 271923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom… I have already installed about 40 joomlart quickstarts. Usually I didn’ t need to create the db manualy as it was created within the web installer while installing steps. Now for te teline4 I have already tried both ways. Manualy creating the db with phpmyadmin as well waiting for the web installer to create it. None of these ways was succesful. I am messing with this thing the last 3 days. However since today I din’t tried again with manualy creating the db I will give it one more try according the tutorial you suggested.
    </blockquote>

May I ask who your webhost provider is?

pontikoua Friend

Hi Tom thanx for your interest.
    I have already stated that this particular installation is taking place localy using MAMP in Mac OS X.
    However you gave me a good idea to try the same installation on an online server to see how it goes.

I will update here when I have more info.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pontikoua 271930 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom thanx for your interest.
    I have already stated that this particular installation is taking place localy using MAMP in Mac OS X.
    However you gave me a good idea to try the same installation on an online server to see how it goes.

I will update here when I have more info.</blockquote>
    Excellent . . . This way you will know if it is likely an issue with your MAMP set-up.

Looking forward to hearing how your online server install experiment goes.

pontikoua Friend

I just did the online installation. it worked with no problem.
    Do you have any suggestions on what to check for the local install. What I can’t understand is how all the other installations are working fine locally and only the TelineIV for J1.5 can not be installed.

Now however I have another idea. To download the sql file from the online install and import it in the local install, so that way I may get the sample data.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Check the differences between your web hosting and your local Mamp

TomC Moderator

<em>@pontikoua 271964 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just did the online installation. it worked with no problem.
    Do you have any suggestions on what to check for the local install. What I can’t understand is how all the other installations are working fine locally and only the TelineIV for J1.5 can not be installed.
    </blockquote>

Here are some resources I just Google’d that may help . . .

http://blog-en.mamp.info/2009/10/how-to-install-joomla-on-mamp.html

http://www.silvergateway.com/young-web-developer/73-installing-joomla-on-mamp-for-mac.html

http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/how-to-install-joomla-locally-on-a-mac/

pontikoua Friend

Finaly I figure it out by downloading the online installation, making it a local copy and then importing the db via phpmyadmin. Now I have my local install with sample data of teline4. For the moment I will not dig more in this issue as it only happened with this particular quickstart file and this is the day 3 that I am looking for an answer for this issue with no success having tried many different suggestions.
    Although I am very curious to find out what is wrong, I have no this time resources to spent on right now.
    Thanx anyone who was helpful on this issue.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pontikoua 271988 wrote:</em><blockquote>Finaly I figure it out by downloading the online installation, making it a local copy and then importing the db via phpmyadmin. Now I have my local install with sample data of teline4. For the moment I will not dig more in this issue as it only happened with this particular quickstart file and this is the day 3 that I am looking for an answer for this issue with no success having tried many different suggestions.
    Although I am very curious to find out what is wrong, I have no this time resources to spent on right now.
    Thanx anyone who was helpful on this issue.</blockquote>
    Best of luck with your continued site development !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum