Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

When I try to install the demo content it stops half way through the install then start over! Would like to know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

How many times have you tried to install the sample data?

charles99 Friend

once! It never finish the install…

TomC Moderator

<em>@charles99 403928 wrote:</em><blockquote>once! It never finish the install…</blockquote>
    It might have been a glitch on your server’s end – can’t be sure.

My recommendation would be to wipe the slate clean – including the database – and try again.

charles99 Friend

I did, but the same thing happen! I have tried it on two different domains and after the demo content is installed it goes back to the beginning of the install! But when I check the database before doing anything else the content is there!

And when you don’t install the demo content you run into a template error!

I installed to different templates just to make sure it wasn’t anything within my system that was blocking Joomlart template from installing. Both times the install went through without any problems on both of my domains. So its something in the Joomlart template quickstart thats creating the problem…

TomC Moderator

I will forward this to the attention of the JA Development Team to take a more in-depth look into.

charles99 Friend

I am I the only one having this problem?

I tired the J32 and j25 and the same thing happen! It never finish the installed so the content it install can’t be used! And when you click on the install button again you end up with a bak on the content it tried to installed the first time. So clicking on the button only double the size of your database with bak, copies…

TomC Moderator

And when you tried the second time, you started over with a fresh/clean database and server install?

The only thing I can think of – while we wait for the JA Devs to take a look and comment – is to download the quickstart package again and, perhaps, try one more time. Perhaps there was a glitch in the original download process.

charles99 Friend

And thanks Tom! I will re-download everything again to see if that helps…

charles99 Friend

I tried the clean install and It still not installing… Downloaded J32 and J25 and when it get to the demo part is when it goes wrong!

Its just creates a bak copy of the demo content… But it never finish the install. What a way to start the new year!

charles99 Friend

Tom,

I just downloaded the JA Appolio and JA Obelisk packages, and installed both of them just to make sure nothing on my end was causing the problem. Both installed without any problem with the demo content. So it something within the Quickstart package thats not working when it gets to the demo content, that make its try to install the demo content again…

Again, thanks…

MoonSailor Friend

Hi charles99,

Please try to download and install again. I think there maybe something wrong when downloading package as I try to download and install in my local but it functions correctly.

If error still persists, you can PM me an FTP account and URL of your site, I will try to install it for you.

In case you install in local, are you using Wamp or Xampp?

Regards

charles99 Friend

I can’t get the demo package to install on either of my accounts, so I am just going to take the demo content apart and piece it together….

MoonSailor Friend

If possible, PM me info which I just sent to you via private message, I will try to check for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum