Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I have just done a clean install using JA Events quickstart (1.6.0) and the template doesn’t appear in the template manager. I have had this same problem when I installed 1.6.1 and uploaded the template, and when I tried to install the 1.5 version on 1.5.22. Am I missing something? The only message I have is a warning in the extensions manager that the temp directory is not set.

Phill Moderator

<em>@terrycann 228339 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have just done a clean install using JA Events quickstart (1.6.0) and the template doesn’t appear in the template manager. I have had this same problem when I installed 1.6.1 and uploaded the template, and when I tried to install the 1.5 version on 1.5.22. Am I missing something? The only message I have is a warning in the extensions manager that the temp directory is not set.</blockquote>

Please PM me an admin logon and I will take a look for you. Please include a link to this thread in your PM

Phill Moderator

Thanks for your PM. I have tried installing the template but you are correct, it is not installing. This appears to be your system timing out. Can you increase max input time, max execution time and the memory limit in PHP?

If that fails I can try installing the quickstart for you but will need an ftp logon and your database details so I can install Joomla from scratch.

terrycann Friend

I’ve put in a request to the hosting company to increase the PHP parameters, as I only have read access. Watch this space…

terrycann Friend

Progress! I created a php.ini file with double max input time(120) & max execution time(60). The memory limit was already 32M which is the limit for my host. I then installed the template from the Extension Manager and got the message in the front end that the template wasn’t available. This turned out to be caused by the template description having a name of JA_Events and the template folder being ja_template. I changed the folder name and it said that it was “Missing jat3 framework plugin”. I installed that from Extension Manager but the message remains. I am investigating further but would it be better to just start with a fresh install from quickstart?

Phill Moderator

Yes, the quickstart would do all the work for you.

terrycann Friend

Almost, but not quite. The ja_event template still didn’t appear after a fresh install with quickstart. When I clicked on Discover I got an error message

Failed loading XML file
    /home/k4korguk/public_html/modules/mod_jaslideshow2/mod_jaslideshow2.xml
    XML: failed to load external entity “/home/k4korguk/public_html/modules/mod_jaslideshow2/mod_jaslideshow2.xml”

I installed the jat3 framework, then all the outstanding modules, plugins and templates. I activated the ja_events template after changing the folder to JA_Events and I still get the message “Missing jat3 framework plugin” in the front end….?

Phill Moderator

Have you changed to the quickstart route? I think that will be your best option.

terrycann Friend

Both the two previous attempts have been by using quickstart. The module folder for mod_jaslideshow2 looks incomplete with only one subfolder called assets. I don’t know if this relates to the problem. I’m not doing anything clever, just doing a clean install using quickstart with a new database. It all loads up without errors but then I get the above problems. I’ve already wasted 2 days trying to get this to work and I’m getting earache from my user, so I’m going to have to give up and find another solution. Thanks for trying…

Phill Moderator

As I previously stated, I am happy to try the install for you if you send me ftp details and mysql details. If not good luck with your alternative solution.

terrycann Friend

Thanks for the offer, but I will have to support this site and if I can’t do a simple template change I hate to think what will happen when I attempt anything more complicated. I’m going to try the 1.5.22 version of Joomla and if I get the same issues it’s WordPress I’m afraid…!

terrycann Friend

I have just set up the 1.5.22 quickstart with no problems. So is the 1.6 quickstart stable? I didn’t do anything different with 1.5.22.

itsnexgen Friend

Surprise to see no comments from Support here! JA Support team.. Wake up!

Phill Moderator

Eh? I’ve offered to look into it but he doesn’t want me to. I’ve tested the 1.6 quickstart and all is OK so in all likelyhood it is server relates. Impossible to say without access so there is little more we can do.

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 235862 wrote:</em><blockquote>Eh? I’ve offered to look into it but he doesn’t want me to. I’ve tested the 1.6 quickstart and all is OK so in all likelyhood it is server relates. Impossible to say without access so there is little more we can do.</blockquote>

Phil.. i am having the problem of “Missing jat3 framework plugin“. I have tried all the possibilities.. but no result! I have PM u details.. may be you could help me!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  thewill 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum