Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have been trying to get scrollReveall.js to work:

https://github.com/julianlloyd/scrollReveal.js

I have followed the instructions, and It just wont work!

I have some other jquery based javascript sroll events on the page working perfectly fine…i dont usully have issue with stuff like this, but its been 4 hours trying to get this to work, and I am so upset!

I can send logins to anyone who is interested…JA Admins have my logins…

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

As per instructions I have added the following to the HEAD:

1)

js/scrollReveal.js

This has also been added to my templates/js/ directory

2)

<script>

window.sr = new scrollReveal();

</script>

3) Looking on the Home Page of the website, at the top jumbotron area, I tried added the exact code example snippet that they give on their github page:

<div data-sr="enter left and move 50px over 1.33s">Foo</div>
    <div data-sr="enter left please, and hustle 20px">Foo</div>

…This has no animation effect.

4) Where I want to use this, is down the page where you see Logos. I have added the same example snippet code to the first logo image, but no effect!

5) On the ‘Tips’ page on GitHub ( https://github.com/julianlloyd/scrollReveal.js/wiki/Tips ) It says to try adding this to the head:

<style> { visibility: hidden; } </style>

…but this doesnt work either, it just hides any elements with ‘data-sr’.

I would be willing to possibly pay for some help on this (i cant afford much, but let me know).

Can anyone help me please?

SIGNED
    Going Mad!

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

To the JA Admins who have logins. This is a project I am developing for a client…so at the moment scrollReveal.js is still enabled (but not working), but so the client could see some animations, I installed the Joomla Plugin:

Animate It:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/style-a-design/design/animate-it

Animate It doesnt give me the exact animations or control of the animation that I want, but for the purposes of showing my client, it is good enough for the moment. But I still want to get scrollReveall.js to work!

(the strange thing about this, is it used the animate.css github project, which I tried to use before I used this extension. But for some reason, again…I didnt work…Things only worked when I installed this plugin.)

Anyway… Could scrollReveal.js not be working because I have some jquery scroll event actions on the page?

I have gone to console, and it doesnt report any issues. So i am stumped!

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

For testing purposes, i created a copy of the site on the same domain as provided to JA Admins, except:

/executivemedia

is now:

/executivemedia-test

I have disabled the ‘Animate It’ plugin, so now the scrolReveal.js code in the FIRST LOGO in the ‘Publications’ block down the page should work, but as per above, it doesnt.

I have also removed the other jquery based scripts from the page that were working based on scroll events…..and the scrollReveal.js still doesnt work.

Again, any help would be appreciated!

Saguaros Moderator

This should belong to custom work, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.

Saguaros Moderator

This should belong to custom work, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.

Saguaros Moderator

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Saguaros 478512 wrote:</em><blockquote>This should belong to custom work, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.</blockquote>

I got it working eventually.

The issue was a setting in the default config that wouldn’t let the example animation code animate. I found this out by accident!

austenn01 Friend

<em>@Saguaros 478512 wrote:</em><blockquote>This should belong to custom work, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.</blockquote>

The issue was a setting in the default config that wouldn’t let the example animation code animate. I found this out by accident!

austenn01 Friend

Saguaros Moderator

That’s great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  austenn01 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum