Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have been having this issue to where I can log in using any module or social provider but can not log out or register new users. I am not sure exactly when this started happening. But I have even tried the Joomla logout and all I get is an error saying page cannot be found.

As well when the logout or registration finish button is clicked the “LOGOUT” and “REGISTRATION” words get appended to the end of the URL which I am guessing is the reason for the page not being able to be found.

this is how the URL looks after clicking logout:

.net/toc-like-minded-gamerslogout

WHich leads to page not found being displayed. I at first thought it was a module issue but after troubleshooting with the company who made the Social login module we came down to it being a SEF issue. As whenever I disable SEF I am able to logout with no issues.

But strangely after turning SEF back on I can no longer login to the site without the same issue coming up as I was able to login with username and password before turning SEF off now after turning if off and turning it back on I can no longer log into the Front end with User and Password. I have tried turning off the SEF plugin and turning off SEF in the System Settings, the plugin does not seem to have an affect on the issue only the SEF System Settings

So now it seems Login, Logout, and REGISTRATION all have the words appended to the end of the URL which lead to page not found error.

On a side note wen logging in with a Social Network i.e. facebook, google etc. There are no issues with SEF on or off.

I am not sure what could be causing this as I have no ideas as a cause to this.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

I just try with default Joomla login module on your site and also face the same issue. If you’re enabling the ‘.htaccess’ file, kindly check whether you set any specific rule or not. You can also contact your hosting provider for help on this.

timeoutcorner Friend

You were right it was the .htaccess I had put in a redirect a while ago that I didnt realize was causing the issue

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  timeoutcorner 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum