Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve tried creating a new layout in Uber and tried adding my own module positions, but I can’t seem to get it to work.

I’ve created a layout file: here: /local/tpls/vp-layout-main.php

The code is below, i’ve basically taken the default view and added in a few new positions, with a prefix of “vp”

<?php
    /**
    * ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * Uber Template
    * Copyright (C) 2004-2011 J.O.O.M Solutions Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
    * @license - Copyrighted Commercial Software
    * Author: J.O.O.M Solutions Co., Ltd
    * Websites: http://www.joomlart.com - http://www.joomlancers.com
    * This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part.
    */

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
    ?>

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>"
    class='<jdoc:include type="pageclass" />'>

<head>
    <jdoc:include type="head" />
    <?php $this->loadBlock('head') ?>
    <?php $this->addCss('layouts/docs') ?>
    </head>

<body>

<div class="t3-wrapper"> <!-- Need this wrapper for off-canvas menu. Remove if you don't use of-canvas -->

<?php $this->loadBlock('header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('masthead') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('submenu') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-pre-content') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-cta-1') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-post-content') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-story') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-cta-2') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-1') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-cta-3') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('full-width') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('vp-cta-final') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('footer') ?>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Then I Created a layout.ini file

position="acm-header"

[masthead]
    position="masthead"

position="submenu"

[vp-pre-content]
    position="vp-pre-content"

[vp-cta1]
    position="vp-cta1"

[mastcol]
    position="mastcol"

position="sidebar-1"

position="sidebar-2"

[vp-story]
    position="vp-story"

[vp-post-content]
    position="vp-post-content"

[vp-cta-2]
    position="vp-cta-2"

[vp-cta-3]
    position="vp-cta-3"

[full-width]
    position="full-width"

[vp-cta-final]
    position="vp-cta-final"

position="acm-footer"

[block1@spotlight-1]
    lg="col-lg-3"
    md="col-md-3"
    sm="col-sm-3"
    xs="col-xs-6"
    position="position-1"

[block2@spotlight-1]
    lg="col-lg-3"
    md="col-md-3"
    sm="col-sm-3"
    xs="col-xs-6"
    position="position-2"

[block3@spotlight-1]
    lg="col-lg-3"
    md="col-md-3"
    sm="col-sm-3"
    xs="col-xs-6"
    position="position-3"

[block4@spotlight-1]
    lg="col-lg-3"
    md="col-md-3"
    sm="col-sm-3"
    xs="col-xs-6"
    position="position-4"

Then I created the individual blocks matching the names up with those i created in the files above, but when I look in the admin section, they don’t appear like I would expect them to, the position names are missing and a grey line is shown instead. I can see the module position names are there to assign modules to in the module manager, but when I assign modules to those module positions, they wont show in the front end.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Anthony

1. mod_pos
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow the theme guide and layout guide hope it helps

Anthony Martin Friend

Hi,

Sorry to have left this one so long, I put the project on the back burner as I couldn’t get it to work and ran out of time. I followed the guide, that’s how I managed to create the files mentioned above, but it shows nothing for those new blocks or positions in either the front end or back end.

In the backend within the template manager, I can clearly see that the modules have been found, as a new DIV / region seems to have been created, but it wont show the names of them.

The images shows my layout has been found, and it’s a local mode layout, you can see clearly that there are white bars for each of the new blocks / zones that I have created, I can assign modules to them but nothing appears, and obviously the names don’t show in the template manager.

What’s missing? Is there an admin level config file that needs to be completed? I didn’t see any reference to that at all in the documentation.

Thanks
    Anthony

Anthony Martin Friend

Hi,

Sorry to have left this one so long, I put the project on the back burner as I couldn’t get it to work and ran out of time. I followed the guide, that’s how I managed to create the files mentioned above, but it shows nothing for those new blocks or positions in either the front end or back end.

In the backend within the template manager, I can clearly see that the modules have been found, as a new DIV / region seems to have been created, but it wont show the names of them.

The images shows my layout has been found, and it’s a local mode layout, you can see clearly that there are white bars for each of the new blocks / zones that I have created, I can assign modules to them but nothing appears, and obviously the names don’t show in the template manager.

What’s missing? Is there an admin level config file that needs to be completed? I didn’t see any reference to that at all in the documentation.

Thanks
    Anthony

Adam M Moderator

Hi @almartin2,

Could you please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply so I can have a look at your modified file ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @almartin2,

Could you please provide a temporary FTP account via private reply so I can have a look at your modified file ?

Anthony Martin Friend

Hi Adam,

I’ll get this sorted for you later on today, thanks. In the meantime though I have been able to get something to work, but only cloning then hacking a different uber theme, I repeated the same procedure for this as I did last time, but not from the default theme and it seems to work. I do not know why! Are there any reserved words that can’t be used when naming the php or ini files?

Thanks
    Anthony

Anthony Martin Friend

Hi Adam,

I’ll get this sorted for you later on today, thanks. In the meantime though I have been able to get something to work, but only cloning then hacking a different uber theme, I repeated the same procedure for this as I did last time, but not from the default theme and it seems to work. I do not know why! Are there any reserved words that can’t be used when naming the php or ini files?

Thanks
    Anthony

Adam M Moderator

Hi @almartin2,

Actually if I can have a look at your modified file, it would help to investigate the problem. There’s might be a problem while editing the layout so kindly provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will check this matter for you then.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @almartin2,

Actually if I can have a look at your modified file, it would help to investigate the problem. There’s might be a problem while editing the layout so kindly provide a temporary FTP account via private reply, I will check this matter for you then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum