Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am not able to find how to change the “Welcome to the Frontpage” Title on my website ( http://www.lecoinbio.com )

I Tried to change it in the “page title” in menu magazine, I tried to add METAs for the home page with 404SEF, but nothing is changing.

The best I can do, if 404SEF is activated for META, is to set the Title for the homepage to “Home”, Wich is not much better than “Welcome to the Frontpage” !!!

Can anyone Help me on that point.

bennitos Friend

Go to Menu’s in the backend, select your main menu, select the first item out of your menu like start or home. When you the properties of that one go to Parameters – System and change the page title.

Now your website title has changed 🙂

aliocha Friend

As I explained, I already set that information, but it doesn’t change anything.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@aliocha 58175 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I am not able to find how to change the “Welcome to the Frontpage” Title on my website ( http://www.lecoinbio.com )

I Tried to change it in the “page title” in menu magazine, I tried to add METAs for the home page with 404SEF, but nothing is changing.

The best I can do, if 404SEF is activated for META, is to set the Title for the homepage to “Home”, Wich is not much better than “Welcome to the Frontpage” !!!

Can anyone Help me on that point.</blockquote>

Hi aliocha,

This is one of the reasons why I am not that enthused in adopting Joomla 1.5x. You will need a Joomla extension to resolve this — how crazy is that? but that is the solution for now.

I actually suggested this solution to another poster here (since it took me forever last February to find the solution, either I got the tip from someone responding to my post in the Joomla forum or since Joomla 1.5x was new then, it was listed among the new extensions — but that was awhile ago so I forgot the name of the extension.

The customer here in Joomlart, from my suggestion, found the Joomla extension needed. He thanked me informally (not through the thank you icon) so I could not find the post now.

Anyway, the best strategy is to go to Joomla Extension website. Search for “Page name” or something to find this extension. And, when you find the extension, can you please include it here? It will help others and myself, eventually.

Thanks.

Cornelio

N.B.
    Note that the Admin page shows the actual name of the site. So, I think this is just one of the omissions (or bug) in the Joomla 1.5x front end script.

ukfraternite Friend

Also remeber you need to select Show page title as in the pix.

1. untitled
    aliocha Friend

Yes, I’ve done that also.

Note that the problem came after using 404SEF….

redlight_traitor Friend

hi all, I’m having this exact same problem. My site is http://www.expertboxing.com No matter what I do, I simply can’t change the “Welcome to the Frontpage” title on the browser title bar. I’ve done all the changes suggested in this posts and other posts but still nothing. Can someone please help?

aliocha Friend

Hi redlight_traitor,

I visited your website, and there is a title on your homepage (
    <title>ExpertBoxing.com - Boxing tips, training, and techniques from expert boxers!</title>
    ).

Could you tell me how did you manage to chage the “Welcome to the front page” title ?

I still can’t change the title on my home page: Le Coin Bio

Thank you!

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    Plz go to Menu Manager, choose Main menu (not Magazine menu),choose Home menu to edit
    You will see like this image 1763
    Change “Wellcome to the Frontpage” to “Home”
    I have tested on my localhost, and it work okie
    Regards

aliocha Friend

Great !

Thanks a lot “nguoiabcd” !

have a good day…

redlight_traitor Friend

aliocha! here’s how I figured it out. go to the magazin menu and edit the Home link on that and change the text there!

artaddicted Friend

This has been bothering me for the past week.

I was looking right past it.

Thanks all for posting a clear solution.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  artaddicted 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum