Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am trying to change the favicon file and have changed about 3 different files named favicon put it still shows the core joomla favicon in the website. The only spot the favicon changed was when I am logged into the back end.

mrfast Friend

<em>@rl27 219613 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am trying to change the favicon file and have changed about 3 different files named favicon put it still shows the core joomla favicon in the website. The only spot the favicon changed was when I am logged into the back end.</blockquote>
    If want change the favicon go following ways:
    change the favicon frontend, replace default favicon.ico by your favicon.ico(16x16px) : ..templateyou-template
    change the favicon backend, replace default favicon.ico by your favicon.ico: ..administratortemplatekhepri(or other template if have)
    After all, clear cache and restart your browser.
    I hope this tips helpful for you.
    Best regards.

jigmetobden Friend

I did exactly the same thing, it didn’t work.

rl27 Friend

Finally got it to work. I put the favicon inside the administratortemplatekhepri folder and after clearing the cahce and browser it showed up. The was actually no favicon inside that folder so it didn’t need to be replaced but just added. Hope this can help someone else.

golfvilla Friend

Hmmm….Neither one of the suggestions worked.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@fastsoftcompany 219667 wrote:</em><blockquote>If want change the favicon go following ways:
    change the favicon frontend, replace default favicon.ico by your favicon.ico(16x16px) : ..templateyou-template
    change the favicon backend, replace default favicon.ico by your favicon.ico: ..administratortemplatekhepri(or other template if have)
    After all, clear cache and restart your browser.
    I hope this tips helpful for you.
    Best regards.</blockquote>

Please try again following step by step guided by fastsoftcompany

user11224767 Friend

Hi!
    Thats not the solution!
    You have to change the favicon in this folder:
    /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/images/favicon.ico

Hope, that will help you!

golfvilla Friend

That worked! Thank you user11224767!:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  golfvilla 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum