Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Do you why sometime I can’t access my Joomla/VM (1.5.8/1.1.2) from my computer including the administrator panel while other people can see mysite just fine?

This has happened many times before and my Hosting people already added my IP address to the never block list.

It usually come back after a few minutes/hours but this time it’s taking a long time and I still can’t get to my site.

Has this happen to anyone and how do I fix this?

Thanks
    Ryan

nefar Friend

Do you get some type of error or is it just a blank page?

Ryan Vu Friend

Just something like “internet explorer can not display the page…”

It came back last night…and now it’s gone again…

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Try to clear your cache, internet history etc. It may helps. I experienced this before.

mj1256 Friend

It could be a DNS issue, are you hosting your own site, or managing your own hosting account.

Ryan Vu Friend

Hi – thank you all for your respond.

1. Yeah I did check DNS and it seem OK – no issue
    2. I have a dedicated VPS and found out that if I do a restart on my firewall – it’d clear everything :p

Anyway…I was thinking that it may have to do with the ja-productslider thing so I turned that off for the moment…haven’t had any error since but we’ll see

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I think that maybe the speed of your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to your hosting. Try check your traceroute.

Traceroute can be accessed at a DOS or command prompt. An Internet connection must already be established.

1. Click on Start > Programs > DOS Prompt (Windows 95-98) or Command Prompt (NT).
    If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, click on Start > Run>. Type cmd into the dialog box, then click OK.
    If you are running Windows Vista, click on Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt.

2. In the resulting command line window, type tracert yourdomain.com or your servers IP address.

For example type:
    tracert yourdomain.com

3. Press Enter.

4. This will then display in what are called Hops. Hops are the number of routers or systems your isp relays your signal through; you will not exceed 30 HOPS. Each line will also display a MS [millisecond] number. This number tells you how quickly or slowly your ISP is transferring data to and from our servers to your location. 60-65 MS is normal anything above 100 MS means your ISP is backed up a little and noticeable speed issues will occur. If you see an asterisk “*” this means the connection has hit a firewall, hiccup or your ISP has dropped it’s connection somewhere along their network lines.

Results Example:
    [1. 60MS 62MS 70MS Qwest SLC (169.87.29.2)]

If this is the problem, then you have to contact your ISP.

Kent

nefar Friend

I could not even imagine still running on windows 95 or 98 lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nefar 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum