Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am almost never able to bring up the Megamenu page in the T3 BS3 Blank template settings. I click the Megamenu button and it brings up a page, says it’s loading the menu but the grey area where the menu trees should appear is blank. I was able to get this to come up a couple of times a long time ago but sporadically and I never know what I did to get it to show itself. I have disabled my adblocker but it didn’t solve the problem.

I’m trying to suppress the display of individual pages from a category node and can’t figure out how to do it through the Joomla menu system. I did it a long time ago with another part of the menu, but can’t figure out how I got it to work. I think maybe I was able to uncheck the pages I wanted to exclude from the main menu through the Megamenu.

Can someone please help me figure out why the Megamenu isn’t coming up? Thanks in advance.

1. MegamenuBlankPage
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can enable the Error Reporting in Global Configuration to ‘Maximum’ and use Inspect Element editor in Firefox / Chrome browser > Console tab and see whether there is any error or not. It will tell you where the issue comes from.

Regards

ptwd Friend

Hi Saguaros. Thanks for your reply. Maximum error reporting was already on. When I look at the generated HTML in Chrome, the Div to hold the MM is empty other than ::before and ::after.

On the console I see 1 deprecation warning ("Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread…"), and a 404 error (re: missing a favicon, which wouldn’t be the cause of this).

There is also a 403 error, which might be the culprit. The detail of the error line points to this link: [domain]/?t3action=megamenu&t3task=display&styleid=11&template=t3_bs3_blank&t3menu=mainmenu&t3acl=1&t3lang=*&rand=0.0892257421622813

Does this reveal any more information to help debug it? I’ll attach a screenshot of the Developer view.

Edit: More info. I’m also noticing that when I try to bring up the MM, Admintools is sending me exception notices due to "template=" being in the URL.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  ptwd.

1. MM-ChromeConsole
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I see the 403 error in the console tab, make sure that you set the correct permissions for files/folders on your site: File-644 and Folder-755

and try again.

ptwd Friend

I see the 403 error in the console tab, make sure that you set the correct permissions for files/folders on your site: File-644 and Folder-755 [/quote] At which node in the directory tree should these settings apply? From the root? From /templates? Or specific directories in the root? Surely the public shouldn’t have even read-access to log files, administrator files, and such?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  ptwd. Reason: Removed quote from previous comment
    pavit Moderator

Hi

You should apply these settings to your joomla folder, 755 anyway is not for public which is 777 and it is a must for a correct joomla based website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 6 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum