Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve installed under various versions of Joomla (3.5, 3.6, 3.7) and have the same problem. I’ve also tried installing under quickstart JA installations and same issue.

Under the ADD BLOCKS I cannot select other blocks to add. Using your demo site I can, but I can’t on my own site. I am able to connect my login (I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting and same issue).

I’m building on a development server which has has an internal IP address. The hostname is not resolvable as it’s for internal development so if joomlart is trying to connect externally then it would fail. I did try using a hostname that is resolvable and set up external forwarding so it could be reached externally but still didn’t work.

It sounds similar to another forum posting here: https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/cannot-change-blocks/ but if this is the issue then I would consider it a bug that needs to be fixed. If this is the issue please advise on the workaround.

1. Screenshot-from-2017-05-07-19-17-06
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

First of all, pls login with your active Joomlart account to be able to use premium blocks.

Then try to inspect when you add block, as I can see that there are 404 errors for necessary files of builder: http://prntscr.com/f5rb48

You can share the ftp account also for further checking.

Regards

jimhall Friend

I have logged in and it’s the same problem. I can see the blocks listed but I can’t select any. I looked at your screen shot, the first file with the 404 not found error doesn’t exist. See the screen shot below where I checked the files on the server.

I tried using the console display as you used. I also get a 404 error for a file. Yet the file IS on the server and I can access it when I put the url in my browser. I also logged on to the server and try using wget and I get access the same file without errors. It’s only showing in the error under JA Builder. I’ve attached screen shots.

Whats going on and more importantly how do I fix this ?

1. file-is-not-there
    2. file-is-there
    3. notthere
    jimhall Friend

I found a fix. The web url resolves to the external address. I added it to the /etc/hosts and put the local internal IP address. Restarted apache2 and I can add blocks.

It’s similar to https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/cannot-change-blocks/ but in reverse (he mentioned changing local to external, I did the reverse).

Theres a problem here that should be fixed as I’m sure many servers would be set up for a local address and use forwarding but my issue is resolved with the workaround.

Saguaros Moderator

Glad to hear that you figured it out! Let us know if you need further helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum