Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello,

We decided to introduce a page similar to the Projects one in the demo. despite following the documentation and double checking on a local installation of your demo, we cannot reproduce the behaviour and get lots of issues:

• the categories black band is not shown
    • the article images are not displayed in full-width (and we chose the option for all links)
    • title is shown despite we selected not to be shown

I also noticed another issue, again somehow related to the infamous masthead…. The images that are displayed in the PROJECTS web page are not the ones of the articles, but the ones of the masthead! This means that, in order to make images appear on the single article we need to use the full article image option, but in order to make the same image appear in the PROJECTS web page, we need to have in any case a link with the same image in the masthead!

Could you please explain to me where is the sense in this behaviour?

Again, this confusion in the design is making our work reusing the standard JA Mono components a sisyphean effort… It might be "good" starting from the demo, otherwise it’s a maze of non coherent behaviours.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I would be more than glad to hear it and be proved wrong.

1. PROJECTS-page
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi @upweb,

I’d like to have a closer look at your site and see what wrong, you can send me the credentials e.g: URL & Admin account. ( http://static.joomlart.com/images/blog/2015/nov/Add-new-post.gif )

upweb Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

It lacks of Articles Categories module in portfolio-menu position to show the menu listing all categories there.

I updated for you and it’s showing now.

upweb Friend

Hi,

thank you.

What about the width? it’s only partially occupying the screen.

In relation to the images, do we have to populate the masthead for those to appear, even if they won’t be used by the articles themselves?

upweb Friend

Hi,

what you created is the Portfolio Menu. This is not in the documentation (https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-mono): could you please add it for the benefit of other users?

Still, why is the body of the page not full-width? Why there is a space between the Portfolio Menu and the masthead?

thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Because you set the width for the content in ‘custom.css’ file:

@media screen and (min-width: 1000px) {
      .t3-content {
        max-width: 800px !important;
      }
    }

So it doesn’t show in full-width.

Regarding to the space between the Portfolio Menu & the masthead, you can add this css rule into custom.css file:

.blog.full-width .horizontal.categories-list {
        margin: -176px 0 0px;
    }
    upweb Friend

Hi Seguaros,

thanks for your analysis!

I actually followed your suggestion on https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/full-width-on-article-display/ as we wanted to achieve a bigger column for the articles.

Now that you pointed out, I think that even for that solution it would be better to have something like this:

@media screen and (min-width: 1400px) {
      .t3-content {
        min-width: 800px !important;   <<< change to your desired value
      }
    }

that is using min-width rather than max-width. By doing this I achieve the wanted result and I don’t screw up the Projects page.

The only issue is that the second part of the code you wrote for the space between the Portfolio Menu & the masthead, does not work in conjunction with the previous lines of code.

For that reason I slightly changed it into:

.blog .horizontal.categories-list {
        margin: -176px 0 0px;
    }

It is working anyway, but do you think it could be an issue for other parts, not to include .full-width?

thank you

upweb Friend

In relation to the masthead images, could you please let me know if it will be updated so that it also covers single articles masthead images?

If not we will have to duplicate single articles images into the masthead; but if you are going to fix it, than we would prefer to wait or on the next update everything will be screwed up again.

thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Could you send screenshot of how it should be here? as in this JA Mono template, in article page display, it will take the image of article to show in masthead.

upweb Friend

Hi,

I doubt we would understand from multiple screenshots, but I will try to be more precise in the explanation:

1. The Single Articles images are not taken from masthead. This is – from my point of view – a bug, considering your demo contains a Typography article that has a record also in the masthead module. Nevertheless, the single articles do not take images from the masthead module, but use the article image itself.
    2. As the Projects – isotope layout – shows images about articles, I would expect to see the images of the articles, considering also we cannot use masthead module to show a specific picture on the masthead of a single article. On the contrary, the shown pictures are the ones associated to the article in the masthead module.

this means: The images in the articles CANNOT be modified using the masthead module, BUT if we want to see some images in the Projects page, we need to use the masthead module…

Saguaros Moderator

This template is a bit special, in article page, the image loaded in masthead position is image from article.

But in category page as PROJECTS page, the image will be configured via JA Masthead module because if the image is from category, in case you use several categories, it will not know which category it will take to display.

upweb Friend

Actually…. that’s not even true…

I just realized that the images on the isotope layout (Projects in the demo) are not coming from the masthead but from the Intro Image.

As the masthead module is not working for Single Articles, I am wondering what’s the use for it at the end. It is actually essential just for the "special" pages of the template, like "careers" or "Our Team".

Saguaros Moderator

You can check the documentation of this template (or try to install quickstart package in localhost) to make a comparison.

The masthead of ‘Projects’ page is set via JA Masthead module: http://prntscr.com/9stz3z

upweb Friend

Hi Seguaros,

yes, I was referring to the images below.. those are coming from the intro image of the articles. But thanks for pointing out the masthead position.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum