Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I tried to install the template package ‘ja_events.v1.0.0 Beta.zip’ via Joomla Installer – but it fails.
    After some time I am back on Joomla Dashboard and nothing has been installed.
    No error messages…just nothing.

I have Joomla version 1.5.22 and PHP 5.2.9 / MySql 5.0.67 / Apache 2.2.10

gray Friend

Switch to “Max. error” reporting mode in Global configs and check again for errors.

PS. It could be caused by folder permission rights…

martincoombes Friend

I am having the same issue with v1.0.0 Beta and v1.1.0. After 30 secs it comes back with this message

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/loverevents/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 325

It is a fresh install of Joomla 1.5.22. Any ideas?

I am using MAMP 1.9

gray Friend

Again, check folder permissions.

In Joomla back-end, go to menu Help -> System Info -> Directory Permissions. You’ll see are the folders writable or not.

In case they are not – you have 2 options:
    – enable FTP layer install in Joomla (Global configs)
    – set folders’ permissions to 777

As to me, 1st option is preferable.

martincoombes Friend

Thanks for the reply but permissions are fine, this is not the problem.

gray Friend

<em>@martincoombes 203436 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the reply but permissions are fine, this is not the problem.</blockquote>

Sometimes it depend on hosting too.
    Try to set in php.ini (or ask the hoster)
    max_execution_time = 60

Also, make sure you are trying to install only the template, but not quickinstall package, for example.

Phill Moderator

It is indeed a setup problem. In this case as you are using MAMP you have full control of all the settings. Open your PHP.ini file and increase the max execution time to 60 seconds and see if that works. In MAMP I believe there is a menu option under the PHP tab that gives you access to the php.ini file. After editing and saving thefile be sure to restart MAMP before trying again.

davidrabinov Friend

This template won’t install via Joomla’s admin, it’s just too big.

I tried via FTP and I keep getting this all over the place:

<blockquote>550 Can’t create directory: File exists</blockquote>

– This is how I, successfully, got it installed.

>Uploaded the template in a .zip file to the Template’s directory and extracted the .zip there.

mberwing Friend

Same for me….I tried everything and have even changed the upload size and execution time …but it failed.
    Only the upload via FTP and the installation from unzipped version from directory worked.

for me the issue is solved ….while it should really work via standard method also

Stephen Rose Friend

I also uploaded the template zip file (approx 15mb) to the temp directory also, but it still doesn’t install. Changed permissions to 777 and ‘system info’ says everything is writable. It’s reading in my directory as zip file. I don’t get any error message after installing completes, it just suddenly stops. I can install other templates no problem.

Is the template zip file dependent upon any other file in the whole package?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Rose 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum