Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am trying to install the JA_shopping II template into my instance of Joomal 1.5.3. I get an error message that says:

“Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System – Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task.”

My understanding is that all Joomlart templates are now 1.5 natiive. Why won’t this template install without enabling legacy mode?

Also, there is no readme.txt or user manual that comes with this template. Where can one find it?

thanks!

Mike

poppycards Friend

I was able to load this template into Joomla 1.5.3 by turning on legacy mode. This template will not work if I turn off legacy mode. Can anyone tell me what is going on? We really don’t want to be running our Virtuemart site with this template in legacy mode.

Thanks.

Sherlock Friend

Hi poppycards !
    JA will update early , please wait !
    Hainn , regards!

poppycards Friend

Thank you again Hainn. Your response and support is much appreciated.

Can you tell me whether this update for JA_shoppingii is likely to also fix the problem where the assigned template in Virtuemart changes to the frontpage template during the checkout process? I’m not sure if this is a Virtuemart, Joomla or JA issue.

Please reference this issue in the Virtuemart Forum.
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=40035.0

thank you.

Sherlock Friend

Hi poppycards !
    Problem in change template when checkout is problem of joomla 1.5 when install VM , seem more and more
    have problem as you have show in forum of VM there are many members say about this problem :
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39503.0
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=34989.msg108802#msg108802
    . First We will see problem about legacy and I and you will discuss about above problem 😉

Sherlock Friend

Hi poppycards !
    JA Shopping II have updated , it work now ;). You can redownload it at : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=413

poppycards Friend

Thank you Hainn84, I downloaded the updated version and this time it installed without legacy mode turned on, but I cannot navigate to pages in my site where the shopping II template is assigned unless I turn legacy mode back on. If I don’t turn it on, I get the following error message: Direct Access to this location is not allowed.

I am running on Joomla 1.5.3.

thanks for your help,

After we get this fixed, I would like to see if you have any ideas on solving the template change issue with VM as described earlier in this thread.

poppycards Friend

Hainn84, any comment on my above post about not being able to use the new version 1.1 of shopping II without legacy mode?
    thanks,

Poppycards

poppycards Friend

It appears that nobody from Joomlart is monitoring his discussion board any longer. Has Joomlart given up on this template? The recent update does not work in my Joomla 1.5.3 implementation without legacy mode being turned on. Can someone at Joomlart please respond?

thank you.

Sherlock Friend

Hi poppycards !
    Where dou you download template package ?
    I have try install Shopping ii template package for joomla 1.5.3 , It run normal , with out legacy .

poppycards Friend

Hello Hainn84,

I downloaded the V1.2 version of the shoppin_II template from the downloads section of Joomlart here:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=536

After downloading and installation, the version number in the templates manager still says V1.0.

I uninstalled and reinstalled this template and assigned it to my Virtuemart pages. With ith legacy mode off, I get the following error when trying to view a page on my site using the template:

Direct Access to this location is not allowed.

If I turn legacy mode back on, it works.

Am I somehow inadvertently installing Version 1.0 again?

Perhaps the “Template” folder in the zip file for V1.2 still contains the old V1.0 code?

thanks.

Sherlock Friend

Hi poppycards !
    In the templates manager still says V1.0. this is text error , but it is v1.2 . there isn’t problem. You can send link of you site and admin information via pm . I will check it for you !

poppycards Friend

Hello Haiin84,

Is it possible to discuss how to correct the problem wherethe assigned template in Virtuemart changes to the frontpage template during the checkout process. As you mentioned above, this may be a Joomla 1.5 bug, not a template or VM issue. Do you have any guidance on how to correct this other than just using one template across the site? We really would like to use the shopping template on our Virtuemart pages (including checkout) and the Villadi template on other pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Poppycards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  poppycards 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum