Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am no longer able to edit modules since upgrading to 3.2.2. Changing the title or content of a module and saving (not save and close) takes me back to the module list and the module list shows it as unchecked in (padlock).

I found one ref to this kind of issue on the Joomla forums and I ensured I have edited the tmp and log file locations correctly in the config file.

I have tried changing editors back from JCE to Tiny MCE but no effect.

I also turned off all caching.

I have just upgraded both the university template and the T3 framework to 1.0.6 and to 2.7.0 respectively.

Still the same problem.

Please advise if you can. I will provide admin access if needed.

Thanks

David

phong nam Friend

Hi David,

This is a bug of Joomla 3.2 that has already been reported to Joomla developers. You can backup edited file and try this tip to solve the problem.

RDCWebMan Friend

Will test it out – thank you.

D

RDCWebMan Friend

Leo, the file is right in my version of 3.2.2. Any other thoughts?

phong nam Friend

Hi David,

Please try to check the access settings inside .htaccess in the root folder of server to make sure that all module’s backend can be accessed properly.

If not, I would suggest you raise a question on Joomla forum to get better solutions from experienced Joomla developers.

RDCWebMan Friend

It all looks fine there, Leo.

I have already posted to the Joomla forum.

Thanks

David

RDCWebMan Friend

I restored the site from the latest backup.

I then re-applied the Joomla patch 3.2.1->3.2.2 upgrade.

Still got the same module editing problem.

update: discovered I can create and edit/re-edit new html modules. Will keep testing.

phong nam Friend

Hi David,

It would be awesome if you can share here in case you have a solution from Joomla forum community. This is a really new issue of Joomla 3.2.2 I have never experienced before.

RDCWebMan Friend

I’ve had nothing back, Leo. Have you?

David

phong nam Friend

Hi David,

This is an error of Joomla CMS, it should be fixed and exported to stable Joomla installation package by the Joomla developers. Please be patient and make sure you post in the correct Joomla 3.x box.

In the mean time, you can temporarily disable 3rd party extensions (component/plugin) and check the module editing again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum