Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have a very strange problem with JA Polaris. Everything seems to work fine, but when I click the “edit” icon from the front end (say on a front page story), my theme colour turns to green! Is this intentional?

The real problem though is when I try to use XHTMLSuite instead of the default editor, the content does not load correctly into the editor! I cannot even click the Cancel button (says please save changes to current item). Other templates work fine. Does Polaris do anything unique when starting the editor?

Khanh Le Moderator

JA Polaris don’t do any unique qhen starting the editor. Do you test the XHTMLSuite with other templates? Do you try to swith back to default editor? Moreover, you should provide your live site url here, and a test account if needed.

drleper Friend

XHTMLSuite does work with other templates I’ve tried yes. Both the default editor and JCE work OK with the template, but the theme colour always switches to green when using any editor. Is this normal? I even tried it on a fresh install of Joomla 1.0.11 and it turns green when editing anything. Here is a test account (author) with a test article already made and published.

http://wachess.org.au/
    l: test
    p: 123456

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi drleper,
    JA Polaris uses alternate stylesheet technical to switch color. Unfortunately, it conflicts with WYSIWYG editor of Joomla. To fix this problem, please follow these steps:

1. Open template index.php file, move this code to right after of header tag <head>

<link href="<?php echo $ja_template_path;?>/css/template_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<?php genColorHead(); ?>
    2. Add onload event to body tag:

<body id="bd" class="<?php echo "$ja_width fs".$ja_font_size;?>" onload="setActiveStyleSheet('<?php echo $ja_color;?>')">
    3. Open template file scripts/ja_script.js, search function setActiveStyleSheet, and replace with:

function setActiveStyleSheet(title) {
    var i, a, main, arr;
    arr = document.getElementsByTagName("link");
    for(i=0; (a = arr); i++) {
    var ltitle = a.getAttribute("title");
    if(a.getAttribute("rel").indexOf("style") != -1 && ltitle && a.href.indexOf ("/css/colors/") != -1) {
    a.disabled = true;
    if(ltitle == title) a.disabled = false;
    }else a.disabled = false;
    }
    createCookie("ColorCSS", title, 365);
    }

When browsing your site, I get an javascript error in xhtmlsuite.js file: btn.state is not a function.
    Another note: you should change your live site configuration in configuration.php file to “http://wachess.org.au” rather than “http://wachess.org.au/

drleper Friend

Thanks, that code seems to stop the colours turning green.. but it makes the drop down menus on setting 2 (suckerfish) always be orange! (On both Firefox and Konqueror).

I have changed the live site value too.

Khanh Le Moderator

I missed one thing. Please move this code in index.php right after <head>:

<?php genMenuHead(); ?>

drleper Friend

Thanks, that fixed it.

Also I have found out that the problem with XHTMLSuite is actually caused by JomComment. So no more problems with Polaris. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  drleper 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum