Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have really tried, but just cannot create templates on the JAt3 – I have downloaded the latest version of the Framework (v 1.1.2) and template (v 1.1.3)

I have been following the tutorial : Creating a T3 Framework 2 Based Template

I’ve tried this on a live test site as well as localhost. I have PHP 5. This is what I encounter (instruction from tutorial in the quote below):
    <blockquote> Copy the default theme XML file

Next, we are going to enable the default template theme. To do that please follow these steps:

* Browse your_site/templates/ja_t3_blank/core/themes/default
    * Copy file info.xml from this folder into same folder from ja_purity_iii, here
    your_site/templates/ja_purity_iii/core/themes/default/info.xml </blockquote>

Problem: the ja_t3_blank/core/themes/ does not contain a folder called ‘default’.
    So I created one, as instructed in my template and created the info.xml file.

Next problem:
    <blockquote> Create language files

Now your template will need language files. This is not mandatory if you create a template for you, the framework will use the core plugin default language files, but if you are a template developer, you might want to deliver fully functional templates. Here is what you have to do:

* create back-end language file
    o open your template folder ja_purity_iii, and create a folder called admin
    o copy & paste inside the file from same folder of the ja_t3_blank template folder
    o rename the file from en-GB.tpl_ja_t3_blank.ini to en-GB.tpl_ja_purity_iii.ini
    o open the file and edit it accordingly;
    * create front-end language file
    o open your template folder ja_purity_iii, and copy & paste inside the en-GB.tpl_ja_t3_blank.ini file from same folder of the ja_t3_blank template folder
    o rename the file from en-GB.tpl_ja_t3_blank.ini to en-GB.tpl_ja_purity_iii.ini
    o open the file and edit it accordingly.
    </blockquote>

The ja_t3_blank template does not have an admin folder, or even the front-end language file.

I have tried different work-arounds: taking the same from the ja purity ii template; copying them in the mysite/administration/language/en-GB/ folder and in the mysite/language/en-gb/ folder

I set my new template as default as instructed. When I click on it, I see
    <blockquote>Parameters The parameter file /templates/1sthorse2/params.ini is writable!
    There are no parameters for this item.</blockquote>

When I click on ‘preview’ to view the template in the frontend. I see
    <blockquote>The plugin JAT3 framework must be installed and enabled.</blockquote>

The JAT3 framework (v1.1.3) is already installed and enabled! So I uninstall and reinstall and enable several times, but the result is still the same!

treborplus Developer

In version 1.0 and higher templates moved /block /html /css /images from /core/themes/default to root templates. So /core/themes/default/css/xy is now in the /css/ etc.

Recent contents of generated links should be deleted and upload new content.

Good luck

Trebor

equest Friend

Thanks for your quick reply! Your help is very much appreciated!

Does that mean that now I don’t create core at all – what about the folders that are to be created under core, as per the tutorial –

• etc

– layouts
    – profiles

• themes

– default

I’m looking at ja purity ii, and don’t see themes under the root or even under css.

I didn’t quite understand what you meant by:
    <blockquote>Recent contents of generated links should be deleted and upload new content.</blockquote>
    Sorry…am not very technical and depend a lot on clear tutorials!!! Is there any step-by-step guide on building with the new versions?

korb Friend

Hi all,

The Documentation Team is working hard updating the wikies according to the new version.
    You can check an updated version of that section here
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/FAQs#Developing_a_T3_Framework_Template

Thanks for your report,

Danny

equest Friend

Thanks for the link. I’ve been following it, but here’s what I land up with on the frontend:

<blockquote>Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in D:wampwww1sthorsepluginssystemjat3corejoomlamodulehelper.php on line 30</blockquote>

korb Friend

I think you should update the T3 Framework Plugin.

equest Friend

Am using the latest T3 Framework plugin as released yesterday. plg_system_jat3.v1.1.2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  equest 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum