Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am unable to access the T3 Blank Template Manager for the T3V3 Blank template on my CentOS servers. After installing T3v3 1.4.0 on two separate CentOS servers (one with Joomla 3.1.4, the other with Joomla 2.5.14), when I click the T3_Blank template link to access the template editing page, I get a blank, empty browser page. The reason I mention the operating system is because I have not had any problems accessing the T3v3 Blank template editing page on my Windows 2008 dev server running XAMPP.

I spent a fair amount of time searching this site before posting, so hopefully I’m not duplicating an issue that has already been solved. I found several similar posts with resolutions, which I attempted to implement, but I had no luck.

The first similar post, which I found here, suggested increasing the max_execution_time in the php.ini file to 120 seconds. I tried this solution, but did not have luck.

The second post, which I found here, suggested editing the following line in the admin.php file:

$body = preg_replace(‘@<forms[^>]*name=”adminForm”[^>]*>(.*)</form>@msU’, $buffer, $body);

I noticed this line was commented-out in the 1.4.0 template. I uncommented it and made the suggested editing changes, but still no luck.

I even uninstalled T3 1.4.0 and tried installing an older version (1.2.5), but was still unable to access the T3 template editing page.

I would appreciate any suggestions you could provide.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi mmdoc,

Try to enable Error Reporting in Backend > Sites > Global configuration > Server (tab). This will help to show if any error persists then you can know which one caused this issue.

mmdoc Friend

Thanks Saguaros. I set Error Reporting to Maximum and received the following error when trying to access the T3v3 template manager:

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function dom_import_simplexml() in /var/www/html/joomla/libraries/joomla/form/form.php on line 833”

Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix it?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

This may due to the PHP your server is using, try with suggestion here

mmdoc Friend

Saguaros, I installed the php-xml module as described in the referenced article, restarted Apache, installed T3v3 1.4.0, and it worked! Apparently, this module is installed by default with XAMPP, which is why it was working on my Dev server, but not on my CentOS servers. Thanks for taking the time to find and provide a solution (which, with hindsight, maybe I should have found myself) – but, I was entirely stumped.

The T3 template framework is a great product. The ability to work in development mode, edit a specific set of .less files, compile the finished design into CSS, and then return to “production” mode makes T3v3 a terrific, easy-to-use template framework.

Thanks again for the help!

Saguaros Moderator

You are welcome, mate. This is a known problem and it doesn’t come from our products so I just made a quick search to find reference for you and glad it works :laugh:

bmw Friend

I have a similar problem with a different error message using T3 Blank v1.4.1
    “The website encountered an error while retrieving http://socialactioncouncil.org/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&task=style.edit&id=11. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Error code: 500″

It redirects to http://socialactioncouncil.org/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates&view=style&layout=edit&id=11
    Still no avail.

The frontend just gives a 500 error.

All permissions and ownership are correct.
    Template, Component and Plugin are all successfully installed and Enabled. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling still to no avail.

I have JA_Purity II v2.5.4 installed and works perfectly.

Please advise.

Setting Value
    PHP Built On Linux sfpeople.net 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Fri May 10 08:43:19 UTC 2013 x86_64
    Database Version 5.1.66-0+squeeze1
    Database Collation utf8_general_ci
    PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze16
    Web Server Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
    WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
    Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.1.5 Stable [ Ember ] 01-August-2013 14:00 GMT
    Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT

Saguaros Moderator

Hi bmw,

How did you install this T3 blank template? using quickstart or installing it separately (intall Joomla > then install template)?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum