Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi

I am using the ja_t3_blank template 2.0 on Joomla 2.5 and I want to add some css code for Mozilla only browsers and perhaps others. In the folder /public_html/templates/ja_t3_blank/css/ I have added code in template-ie7.css and this is automatically used if the browser is IE7. I have also managed to do this for IE8 and IE9 by making new files – template-ie8.css and template-ie9.css. There is no need for a sniffer script – it is done automatically

How do I do this for other browsers, particularly Mozilla, Can versions be specified as with IE?

Thank you

John

HeR0 Friend

Hi John,

You can search on Google about this. However, I think that you only need to catch IE browser because the rest browsers are working the same. Let me know problem you’re facing with FF so that I can help.

Regards

john47 Friend

Hi

Thank you for you interest. The problem I am now having is with iPad 1. IE 7 8 and 9, iPad 2, IPad3, Firefox, etc all fine. But the code below does not seem to work for ipad 1. The page is …

http://www.stmaryscalne.org/index.php/development/introduction/background-slideshow-fpss

On all but ipad1 the slideshow is centered on the page and the images are centered within the slideshow. On the ipad1 the images take up just the top left quarter of the slideshow.

Ideally I would put different code in for ipad 1 so that the slideshow and images within it are simply aligned to the left. It would seem logical to use something like /public_html/templates/ja_t3_blank/css/template-ie7.css but replacing ie7 with ipad1 or whatever code might be used.

.fpss-container {
    margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 50%;
    left: 50%;
    margin-top: -640px;
    margin-left: -1000px;
    }

HeR0 Friend

Hi John47,

You can apply that CSS for specific devices (here is iPad1) by using CSS media jQuery

Here is a good reference: http://www.stephentgilbert.com/mediaqueries/ and note section for iPad 1 & 2 in landscape .

Hope this helps.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum