Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Okay, I have gone to the K2 website – but to be honest, I don’t really understand what it is and/or what the “coolness” or benefit factor is regarding K2. Can someone try to explain it to me in (somewhat) of a nutshell?

:-[

TomC Moderator

No one ??

:((

huyenptt Friend

Please follow this link: http://getk2.org/

TomC Moderator

<em>@huyenptt 206746 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please follow this link: http://getk2.org/</blockquote>

Still not seeing what’s so special.

veeco Friend

This is quick summary:
    Do you hate the limitation of Section and Categories in joomla with only 1 Section and 1 Sub-Categories ?
    Do you confuse on how to extend your article you need some extra field for your ? for example if you build an article about the country.. you will need extra field about population, areas, currency, flag image, etc…

Well if you’re answer for both is yes… this is where CCK comes in (K2 is one of them)…

there are many CCK for joomla.. K2, FlexiContent,JSeblod, etc…

i tested 3 CCK i mention above… i choose JSeblod now..

for K2, for me it is the easiest K2 you can master as user (i think within 2 day you can master it as user).. but for developer, it has con since it use their own content structure…

if you developer and provide solution for your client, you might try JSeblod, it use joomla’s original database structure… and it make managing joomla content more easier for end user…

The cons from jseblod: you must learn it in developer perspective… most developer need 1 weeks – 1 month to master it… but for me.. it takes 2 months…oh how silly me… 🙂

hope this helps

robert vining Friend

I will add a bit more to the very good description above.

K2 allows you to also use multiple authors on your site easily, and gives each author their own profile page to enter their information.

Another nice feature of K2 is built in tagging for your posts. This is just another way for visitors to organize and find content on your site easily.

I think custom fields are one of the biggest draws for most K2 users, as mentioned above, which allows you to have a more unified look to your content.

Robert Vining
    www.joompro.com

brucedonners Friend

I agree with Robert, custom fields made me join K2. It can be used in quite unique ways, especially for a smooth intergration.

roninhockley Friend

K2 rocks and before it came along Joomla was a hard sell for me. It MADE Joomla! in my opinion.

srinivasan Friend

I am a new member. Been new to this forum, I decided to snoop around and read the posts first

Hope to meet some great friends here.

bellows in india | bellows manufacturers in india

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  srinivasan 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum