Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Please how we can Insall Template on site, it is impossible and I dont know why ! Bye administration and by FTP no way

thank

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    Do Not update Your Joomla to 3.4 or Do not install JA Biz template to Joomla 3.4 .
    JA Biz is not compatible with Joomla 3.4 .
    Please wait for its official update for Joomla 3.4 .
    Always take a full backup of your site before update.

Armenos Lumen Leviticus Emmanuel Friend

I’ve the same problem here
    I can’t even install com_jaextmanager.v2.6.0
    please make it compatible

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    Please download the Fresh package of JA Extension manager 2.5.8 component from here .
    <blockquote>please make it compatible</blockquote>
    Development team is working to update template and extension on priority basis .

Do not update your Joomla without checking template/extension compatibility .
    Always take site backup before update.

daveburstein Friend

Folks
    I had a similar problem and found this workaround that did the trick.
    Here’s how I did it. First, unzipped the download to get the template. Then I ftp’d to home/burste6/public_html/aint/t/ where I had to unzip again to get the right files (the full Joomla install, not a single zip package. Thank you Viet Vu

https://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/2…aller-bug.html

Workarounds
    Using ‘Install from Directory’ – by unzipping the archive in a temporary path, pasting that path in the ‘Install Directory’ field and clicking on ‘Install’.
    Using ‘Install from URL’ – although for commercial extensions this isn’t viable since most of them will not have directly accessible URL for the archive. You can upload the archive on your website and point it in the ‘Install URL’ field (for example, upload ‘com_my_extension.zip’ in the root of your website and just type in http://www.your_website.com/com_my_extension.zip). Remember to delete it after you’re done.
    Applying the fix manually. Read on below for instructions on how to do that.
    Fixing it manually
    Applying the fix manually can be done with minimum knowledge:

Open your FTP account, connect to your website and go to the administrator/components/com_installer/models/ folder. FileZilla is a good FTP client if you’re not familiar with them. Your hosting provider should provide you with a username and password to connect to your website’s FTP.
    Create a backup of install.php (download it to your computer) just in case.
    Edit install.php (on your website) with a text editor. If you don’t have one, I strongly suggest you check out Notepad++.
    Replace:

$userfile = $input->files->get(‘install_package’, null, ‘array’);

With:

$userfile = $input->files->get(‘install_package’, null, ‘raw’);

Scroll down the file to find:

JFile::upload($tmp_src, $tmp_dest);

And replace this one with:

JFile::upload($tmp_src, $tmp_dest, false, true);

Just save the file – if you’re using FileZilla it will automatically prompt you to re-upload the modified file. If not, you’ll need to upload it manually.
    After the changes are done, try again to install the extension you were having trouble with – it should work properly. If not and another error message comes up (hurray!), we do have a guide to debug the installation of Joomla! extensions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  daveburstein 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum