Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hello there

i just finished the final touches on my website

but after viewing it from couple of other computers its a mess
    by defining the width 980pix people with lower spec computers are getting that the size is zoomed in and the footer moduls are out of their places

then i saw the option auto which sounds pretty good actually
    but that got me thinking
    if i used the auto option what will happen for JA SlideShow 2 module ?
    i mean will it fit in all browsers ? with the correct size ?

( this is a general module question )
    and what about the images them self ? does it automatically resize the large image or do i have to insert a picture that large in my articles for it to be displayed ?

kinda confused here

a7medo778 Friend

main purpose is kinda simple

i want the site to llok the same at all browsers inlcuding the zoom facctor and modules locations and all ( excluding ie6 )

how can i achieve that ?

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@a7medo778 174081 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello there

then i saw the option auto which sounds pretty good actually
    but that got me thinking
    if i used the auto option what will happen for JA SlideShow 2 module ?
    i mean will it fit in all browsers ? with the correct size ?
    </blockquote>

The “auto” options only apply for the “Mark Width” parameter and the “Mark Height” parameter.

<blockquote>and what about the images them self ? does it automatically resize the large image or do i have to insert a picture that large in my articles for it to be displayed ?</blockquote>

In the demo, we put images into the content articles with two ways:
    1) put a large image inside the content and using the ja thumbnail plugin to re-resize image display in the article page
    2) put images ( contain thumnail on the navigation and main thumbnail on the mask) via the custom tag:

<!– {jaimage main=”PATH OF MAIN IMAGE” thumb=”PATH OF THUMBNAIL”} –>

The module will looking for those images and resize them follow two parameters: The Main Item width parameter and the “Main Item height” parameter.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-slideshow-2-userguide/
    <blockquote>
    main purpose is kinda simple

i want the site to llok the same at all browsers inlcuding the zoom facctor and modules locations and all ( excluding ie6 )

how can i achieve that ?
    </blockquote>

Can you please give me the link to your site, and the snapshort on the issue, they help me to have deep understandable about this issue

Thanks

a7medo778 Friend

ok i am going to show you the zoon thingy as soon as i get to collge ( where the crappy pc’s are )

but for now
    so if i got 2 images in the slideshow
    how can i set which one is for the icon ( logo ) and which one is for the slideshow ?

Saguaros Moderator

<blockquote>so if i got 2 images in the slideshow
    how can i set which one is for the icon ( logo ) and which one is for the slideshow ?</blockquote>

The custom tag allows you configure path for icon of navigator item and main image of slideshow
    <!– {jaimage main=”PATH OF MAIN IMAGE” thumb=”PATH OF THUMBNAIL”} –>

You put this tag at top of article content.

Good luck

geoffh Friend

Hope this is appropriate for this forum… this thread was about the closest I could find to the problem I’m having with Slideshow on Portfolio, Joomla !.7 fresh install (installed ja_portfolio as quick start package):

I cannot seem to configure the template and the JA_Slideshow module so that it’s size (width) is consistent across browsers. I can set it’s width so that it’s flush with the other elements in IE, Firefox, etc., but, then, it’s too wide for Safari… and vice-versa. (see attached screenshots of Firefox (top) and Safari (bottom) actual site or view @ http://www.bamabenz.com. :((

Any suggestions on how I might workaround this little anomaly?

1. slideshow_problem
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  geoffh 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum