Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I read through the complete JA Mers forum and it still isn’t clear to me whether or not the JA Mers template can be used as regular site rather than a single page (per se) site.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vineyardseashell

Sherlock Friend

Hi Vineyardseachell,

I think this template can be used as a single page site as you mentioned and also it can be used as a regular template. if still you have some doubts just download and install it at your end try to play with it to see if you like it 🙂

vineyardseashell Friend

Hi Sherlock Holmes,

I did that, and it looked good- I just didn’t want to get so far into it and then run into issues- code wise that were way over my head.

Thanks,

Vineyardseashell

spitek Friend

How do you get JA Mers to be used as a Regular site verses a Single page? This I can not figure out! PLEASE HELP! :((

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can find information below:

Open templates/ja_mers/blocks/onepage.php get type=”onepage” from layout profile.

Go to Admin -> Extensions->Template Manager->edit JA_Mers – Default ->Layouts Tab

<blockquote><block name=”onepage” type=”onepage” pageid=”” no-wrap=”1″ no-main=”2″>
    <page name=”home” type=”modules” title=”About me” class=”color1 first-item”>page1</page>
    <page name=”photos” type=”modules” title=”Photos” class=”color2″>page2</page>
    <page name=”our-story” type=”modules” title=”Stories” class=”color3″>page3</page>
    <page name=”events” type=”modules” title=”Event” class=”color4″>page4</page>
    <page name=”our-blog” type=”modules” title=”Blog” class=”color5″>page5</page>
    <page name=”youll-say” type=”modules” title=”Guestbook” class=”color6 last-item”>page6</page>
    </block></blockquote>

And make module appear with position need to show.

mrdavidpappas Friend

Hi,

I see no code type=”onepage” in onepage.php. Also not sure if the code sample above is to replace that in the layouts tab.

I simply tried to get the home/main menu to point to another document and it did not resolve. Can you provide a little more quittance?

Thank you!

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can open

<blockquote>templates/ja_mers/blocks/onepage.php file</blockquote>

and check this code

$pages = T3Common::arr_find_child($block, 'page', '', '', true);

This scripts above get all pages setting on profile of template

<block name="onepage" type="onepage" pageid="" no-wrap="1" no-main="2">
    <page name="home" type="modules" title="About me" class="color1 first-item">page1</page>
    <page name="photos" type="modules" title="Photos" class="color2">page2</page>
    <page name="our-story" type="modules" title="Stories" class="color3">page3</page>
    <page name="events" type="modules" title="Event" class="color4">page4</page>
    <page name="our-blog" type="modules" title="Blog" class="color5">page5</page>
    <page name="youll-say" type="modules" title="Guestbook" class="color6 last-item">page6</page>
    </block>

synncom Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

You have stated which code to check but you not actually saying what to change it to?
    I want the Menu only to be like the standard Joomla template – I want to disable the Roll up affect and lead to normal Content pages.

How do I do this ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi synncom,

I have explained with @mrdavidpappas how to find code type=”onepage” in onepage.php and all positions defined in JA MersTemplate: templates/ja_mers/etc/layouts/home.xml file

JA Mers is special template, all menu pages on site are re-defined in templates/ja_mers/blocks/onepage.php file if you want to change it as joomla default, you can make it by

Go to Admin site -> Menus-> Create new each Menu Items and appear it with menu type as joomla default

Regards

synncom Friend

Ok I have tried that but how do I get rid of the Onepage Menu items?

synncom Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 385805 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi synncom,

I have explained with @mrdavidpappas how to find code type=”onepage” in onepage.php and all positions defined in JA MersTemplate: templates/ja_mers/etc/layouts/home.xml file

JA Mers is special template, all menu pages on site are re-defined in templates/ja_mers/blocks/onepage.php file if you want to change it as joomla default, you can make it by

Go to Admin site -> Menus-> Create new each Menu Items and appear it with menu type as joomla default

Regards</blockquote>

What does this mean : and appear it with menu type as joomla default?
    How do I get rid of the Onepage Menus after creating Normal Joomla Menu Item?

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have suggested the solution to you here. It will help you to remove onepage menu on JA Mers Template.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum