Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody,

I have a kind of big joomla website with tones of components modules and about 7000 members.
    I downloaded JaTeline to use it with my K2 extention on my website. It was somehow a mess.
    It does not show up the menues, it does not recognize the modules. I know I can make them working with manipulating the site but when I installed JaTeline on another domain with quickstart (http://www.iranbon.net) it worked perfectly !

Everything was great, everything on its position.

Now please tell me how I can use quickstart on my current big joomla website http://www.ezaban.com . I dont want to lose the components I have, But I also want to upgrade joomla to the latest version and I want to use ja-teline just like quick start on http://www.iranbon.net

I think I have to backup with Akeeba Backup and install a fresh joomla with Ja teline quick start and then I export from akeeba backup. But I do not want to put my website into jeopardy.

Can you give me some idea how to do this?

Bests,

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    If your site already exists than you can’t install quickstart over it. But you can do
    # Install quickstart as reference site. Use it and compare configuration than apply it into your exists site
    # Install quickstart, export data from exists site and apply into quickstart step by step.

Option #2 will require a bit knowledge about Joomla!

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    If your site already exists than you can’t install quickstart over it. But you can do
    # Install quickstart as reference site. Use it and compare configuration than apply it into your exists site
    # Install quickstart, export data from exists site and apply into quickstart step by step.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ezaban Friend

<em>@jooservices 480139 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Thank you for your prompt reply. Well I have quick start in another domain. The first option did not work for me. For example I knew that Mega menu is supposed to use Off-Canvas position , I did it on the current site but the menu did not appear.

So if we decide to go for option 2 :

What do you mean exactly? can you give me some hints?

Do you mean that I make a fresh joomla website using quick start and then I transfer files and folder from current site as well as the database through phpmyadmin ? Or there is a tool for exporting just the quick start template into the current site?

I guess It’s gonna be a tough job.

ezaban Friend

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

Thank you for your prompt reply. Well I have quick start in another domain. The first option did not work for me. For example I knew that Mega menu is supposed to use Off-Canvas position , I did it on the current site but the menu did not appear.

Do you mean that I make a fresh joomla website using quick start and then I transfer files and folder from current site as well as the database through phpmyadmin ? Or there is a tool for exporting just the quick start template into the current site?

ezaban Friend

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # Option still work well.
    You can use quickstart as reference site ( or reference document ). While comparing between it, you’ll find different configuration or any differents.
    Of course when you applied into live site you must make sure it’s absolute same thing or in another word you must understand root cause of configuration.

# Option 2 mean.
    – Extract & import database
    – Extract & import configuration files
    Yes. It’ll be bit hard . You can hire 3rd developer to do that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

ezaban Friend

After hours of frustrating work I managed to show up the mega menu. But the Quick Start on another domain does not help me that much as a documentation guide.

Here are two big problems I have right now:

When I installed Ja Teline using quick start on my other domain (http://www.iranbon.net) , On templates I see all layouts like magazine, gallery, events and … So I have four or five Ja Teline in Template Manager

But in the main website there is just one Ja- Teline Default template.

Another problem, when I go to layout on quick start one, I can easily see the layout of each theme. I can see the boxes and positions and etc.

But in the main site that I have installed ja teline , I cannot see the layouts. I just see the names. No template position ….

Also Preview in thememagic does not work in the installed ja teline in the main site but it works very good on the quick start one. And I can see that each menu has its own css color.

Can you guys check it yourself via admin information I have provided when posting this thread?

Thank you,

ezaban Friend

After hours of frustrating work I managed to show up the mega menu. But the Quick Start on another domain does not help me that much as a documentation guide.

When I installed Ja Teline using quick start on my other domain (http://www.iranbon.net) , On templates I see all layouts like magazine, gallery, events and … So I have four or five Ja Teline in Template Manager

Another problem, when I go to layout on quick start one, I can easily see the layout of each theme. I can see the boxes and positions and etc.

But in the main site that I have installed ja teline , I cannot see the layouts. I just see the names. No template position ….

Also Preview in thememagic does not work in the installed ja teline in the main site but it works very good on the quick start one. And I can see that each menu has its own css color.

Can you guys check it yourself via admin information I have provided when posting this thread?

Thank you,

ezaban Friend

Thank you,

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    For different issues / question. Please create each topic for each one.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum