Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

It seems I can only use the “slideshow” module position and/or the “top” module positions when something is in BOTH positions. If only one has something published in it, neither appear.

Can I just use the “slideshow” (or “top” – i’m not fussy!) module position, so it fills the whole width of the top of the template??

thanks!

creative_cow Friend

I believe you can do that, but you must change the parameteres to the Ja slide show module… it is little strange the way which this module works….

go on and you will fix it…

Haris

bluecafe Friend

Problem is that the background image of the slideshow is for the full width (slideshow AND top).
    See here: http://template.joomlart.com/ja_pariiti/templates/ja_pariiti/images/sh-bg.jpg

It is possible to publish let’s say the banner module at top position without publishing any banner (or any other “empty” module). This way the slideshow would be on the left side and the top position would be empty showing the right half of the background image only. I think it doesn’t look too good if the right side is empty but on the other side you could modify the background image (see above). If you have some skills with graphic programs. This could be a good solution though.

zandercent Friend

I see what you mean.

To be honest, I’m not too bothered bout the background inage, and if I need to get rid of it to use the module position that would suit me fine.
    Unfortunately my html editing skills are limited to trial and error, and I wouldn’t know how to make the top module postion work like any other module position normally would. (ie like the top “user” module positions where the width is dynamically resized to fill the width of the page if one of them isn’t used).

If anyone has any ideas, tht would be great!

thanks

bluecafe Friend

If you take index.php and change the line below <!– BEGIN: SUB-HEADER –>
    from
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(‘slideshow’) && mosCountModules(‘top’) )
    to
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(‘slideshow’) OR mosCountModules(‘top’) )

you could publish either of both: slideshow OR top position and both positions wouldn’t be bound together anymore.

But if you publish only one of them the top position would still be limited to the right side and slideshow to the left side and the background image would remain the same unless you alter the background image. If you publish for example only top position the empty frame from the slideshow would still show up as background image since both positions share one background image.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bluecafe 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum