Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Is there any way to have ‘line breaks’ in menu items/titles listed in the ‘main menu’.

To explain, I’d like to achieve the effect in the attached photoshop mock-up image (JA Mageia), where the menu item ‘Qualification & Entitlement’ has been split across two lines. By default the text is displayed all in one line, as the menu expands to fit, which would make the menu item extremely wide, and forces the whole main menu onto 2 lines.
    Am I able to insert <br/> tags into the <li> elements or something similar.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1. main_menu_ja_mag
    airgead Friend

I love the T3 framework and use it a lot, so thank you for a great template structure.

I also need to know how to do this. My client has far too many items in his top menu, but won’t consent to moving some. My only alternative is to break them over two lines, ie “Quality Management” becomes “Quality <br /> Management”. Can someone shed some light on how to do this?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Christina Martin

jooservices Friend

<em>@dozza 77120 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there any way to have ‘line breaks’ in menu items/titles listed in the ‘main menu’.

To explain, I’d like to achieve the effect in the attached photoshop mock-up image (JA Mageia), where the menu item ‘Qualification & Entitlement’ has been split across two lines. By default the text is displayed all in one line, as the menu expands to fit, which would make the menu item extremely wide, and forces the whole main menu onto 2 lines.
    Am I able to insert <br/> tags into the <li> elements or something similar.

Any help would be much appreciated.</blockquote>

Please update me with your site URL so i can take look.

Thank you

airgead Friend

Someone posted a reply that said I could, but with no further detail as to how. It doesn’t appear here, but the link brought me here, so I’m guessing it has been removed for some reason.

If anyone can take a look at the development site where I’m currently trying to make changes, the address is http://www.airgeadstudio.net/development/ora_innovations

Thank you.

Christina Martin

dozza Friend

If you set the width of each <li> item to a fixed width using the css, the menu title should wrap itself, as long as the height of the menu item is allowed to expand (i.e. it doesn’t have a fixed height).

If you want to force a particular word to a second line, then yes, you can use <br /> to force the line break and put it in the title field of the edit menu item screen.

Example:
    For my client site at http://www.leaseextension-freeholdpurchase.co.uk/ which uses JA Mageia, one of the top menu items is “Right To Manage”. Because ‘To’ is a short word it sits on the first line OK and the last wraps to the second line.

If, however, I wanted the word ‘To’ to start the second line, I would insert <br /> in the title like this:

and this would result in it displaying like this:

Hope that helps

1. Screen-Shot-2012-01-13-at-17.25.09
    2. Screen-Shot-2012-01-13-at-17.25.27
    jooservices Friend

Hi
    Have you tried with MegaMenu and Subline ( Description ) ?
    Thank you

dozza Friend

<em>@jooservices 294605 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Thank you</blockquote>

These are not available with JA-Mageia – I’ve sorted it since I originally posted this. aired wanted to know how – so I’ve explained it.

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Ya in some template , the concept of it have no subline . But as far i know MegaMenu already have that . Just need update a bit w/ CSS.

Thank you

airgead Friend

<em>@dozza 294596 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you set the width of each <li> item to a fixed width using the css, the menu title should wrap itself, as long as the height of the menu item is allowed to expand (i.e. it doesn’t have a fixed height).

If you want to force a particular word to a second line, then yes, you can use <br /> to force the line break and put it in the title field of the edit menu item screen.</blockquote>
    Thank you for this; I had to do it by setting the width of the <li>. Unfortunately using <br /> didn’t work; as soon as I saved the menu item, the code was stripped out. It’s a pity, because that would have been by far the most simple soution.

Thank you</blockquote>
    Unfortunately this isn’t suitable for the site at this time, but thank you for pointing it out, as I know it will be helpful in the future.

Many thanks to both of you.

Christina Martin

jfernandess Friend

Thank you</blockquote>

Hello I have tried;but still unable to solve the issue, looking for more assistant

Thanks,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jfernandess 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum