Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

<em>@TomC 272032 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actually, you are correct about that being the image … but how did you try to change it?</blockquote>

Yes, it works! Apparently I did something wrong… like 3 times! 😛 But I just tried it again and voila, there it is!
    Still… thanks a lot for looking into it!!

… and now I’m really off to bed. Got some 2,5 hours left to catch some sleep 😀
    It’s well worth it though, because I’m very pleased with the result!

TomC Moderator

<em>@arckoo 272036 wrote:</em><blockquote>… and now I’m really off to bed. Got some 2,5 hours left to catch some sleep 😀
    It’s well worth it though, because I’m very pleased with the result!</blockquote>
    awesome !!

1. ThumbsUpSmiley
    frodojrr Friend

<em>@TomC 272012 wrote:</em><blockquote>Within file path templates/ja_rave/css/menu . . . open mega.css

starting at line 54, you will see the following:

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega.active a.mega.active span.menu-title,
    .ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.active.haschild a.active.haschild span.menu-title {
    background: url(../../images/navtab-r.png) no-repeat right top;
    color: #fff;
    padding: 0px 20px 0px 15px;
    }

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega.over a.mega.over,
    .ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega.active.over a.mega.active.over,
    .ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.haschild-over a.haschild.over ,
    .ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.active.haschild-over a.active.haschild.over {
    background: url(../../images/navtab-l-hover.png) no-repeat left top;
    padding-left: 5px;
    }

If you look at the “background” parameter, you will see the reference to the images that are being called upon for both the active and hover state for the menu items. You simply modify those images (with whatever image program you use (e.g. Photoshop)) and either overwrite the original images or name them something unique and modify the image path for the background parameter accordingly.

Incidentally … not to push you off of asking further questions, but here are a couple of resources a pretty cool dude put together that can assist you in identifying (and even real-time testing of various modifications) as you continue to work with your site . . .

WEB DEVELOPMENT TOO ESSENTIALS – Design Like A Pro[/url]

[URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/using-firebug-to-customize-your-site/http://qualityclassichealthandfitnesscenter.net

I changed the image colors per your instructions, but am unable to change the color of the text (white on yellow is not so nice, and now my home page is black on yellow, but other menu items are black on black).

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@frodojrr 275007 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you don’t mind me jumping in …

Thank you, first, for this reply.

I have one question: I cannot change the color of the text in the menus. Where can I do that?

Site is here:

http://qualityclassichealthandfitnesscenter.net

I changed the image colors per your instructions, but am unable to change the color of the text (white on yellow is not so nice, and now my home page is black on yellow, but other menu items are black on black).

Thanks!</blockquote>
    Going to need you to temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager.

Let me know when you have done this and I’ll take a look.

frodojrr Friend

<em>@TomC 275035 wrote:</em><blockquote>Going to need you to temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager.

Let me know when you have done this and I’ll take a look.</blockquote>

Done. Sorry about that.

http://qualityclassichealthandfitnesscenter.net

TomC Moderator

<em>@frodojrr 275007 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you don’t mind me jumping in …

Thanks!</blockquote>

Okay, here is a suggestion . . . .

Within file path templates/ja_rave/css/menu . . . open mega.css

starting at line 65, you will see the following:

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega a.mega {

text-transform: uppercase;

color: #000;

height: 52px;

line-height: 52px;

padding: 0px;

font-weight: normal;

}

Try changing “color” to any other color you want …. #fff for example.

You can experiment with some trial-and-error from there until you get the look you want.

Hope that helps.

frodojrr Friend

<em>@TomC 275058 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, here is a suggestion . . . .

Within file path templates/ja_rave/css/menu . . . open mega.css

starting at line 65, you will see the following:

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega a.mega {

text-transform: uppercase;

color: #000;

height: 52px;

line-height: 52px;

padding: 0px;

font-weight: normal;

}

Try changing “color” to any other color you want …. #fff for example.

You can experiment with some trial-and-error from there until you get the look you want.

Hope that helps.</blockquote>

My friend, not only did this help. This SOLVED my dilemma.

So, for those just tuning in, the DEFAULT colors for the mega.css menu are in the default mega.css file, NOT in the respective “color” mega menus.

Thank you!

TomC Moderator

You’re very welcome !!! – Glad I could help

frodojrr Friend

<em>@TomC 275064 wrote:</em><blockquote>You’re very welcome !!! – Glad I could help</blockquote>

Yes!

Yes, you did help!

And your advice was “spot-on.”

michaelyork06 Friend

Is there a way to add a child theme so you are not affecting the core files? Once you apply a theme upgrade, don’t you have to go an replace everything again…since it is overwritten during the upgrade process?

Stork11 Friend

<em>@michaelyork06 342581 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there a way to add a child theme so you are not affecting the core files? Once you apply a theme upgrade, don’t you have to go an replace everything again…since it is overwritten during the upgrade process?</blockquote>
    Hello michaelyork06,

You should back all your modified codes up before upgrading new theme. Then after upgrade process, you need to compare the new files with the old one for differences.

Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum