Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Teline looks excellent — but after installing it fails to load wiht this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method mosMainFrame::get() in /..public_html/templates/ja_teline/index.php on line 238

This is on a Mambo 4.5.5 system. I hope this is not one of those “we don’t support Mambo” things.

ShannonN Friend

dpk;14912Teline looks excellent — but after installing it fails to load wiht this error:

This is on a Mambo 4.5.5 system. I hope this is not one of those “we don’t support Mambo” things.

Probably one of those mambo is not Joomla things since Joomla 1.012 is a departure from mambo for the first time in some core files i read somewhere? Try it on a real CMS (Joomla) and see if it gives the same error

Cheers ShannonN

lafrance Friend

<em>@ShannonN 14941 wrote:</em><blockquote>Probably one of those mambo is not Joomla things since Joomla 1.012 is a departure from mambo for the first time in some core files i read somewhere? Try it on a real CMS (Joomla) and see if it gives the same error

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>
    I am sure that my esteem member ment to say is that mabo is just about dead and 80 % of the users move to joomla to fixes many security issues and performance that it would be in your advantage to start fresh with joomla.

dpk Friend

At the top of my screen, I see “JoomlArt.com – Joomla/MAMBO Professional Templates.”

So where is your Mambo support?

Joomla has not yet emerged from Mambo’s shadow and core development appears bogged down and frankly awful. The latest release was a real clusterf*. Mambo 4.6.2 and the upcoming 4.7 rock.

I use both CMSes and see the long term superiority of the Mambo core. Joomla has only temporarily benefitted from a lot of 3PD development for it, but most of that will work with the Mambo 4.5.x branch because that’s about all Joomla is–Mambo 4.5.x.

A word to the wise: smart template and extension developers who want to make money are supporting Mambo and Joomla. (E.g. JoomlaWorks, Community Builder, etc.) This maximizes your market audience and prepares you for the big migration back to Mambo from JunklaPile.

ShannonN Friend

dpk;22054At the top of my screen, I see “JoomlArt.com – Joomla/MAMBO Professional Templates.”

So where is your Mambo support?

Joomla has not yet emerged from Mambo’s shadow and core development appears bogged down and frankly awful. The latest release was a real clusterf*. Mambo 4.6.2 and the upcoming 4.7 rock.

I use both CMSes and see the long term superiority of the Mambo core. Joomla has only temporarily benefitted from a lot of 3PD development for it, but most of that will work with the Mambo 4.5.x branch because that’s about all Joomla is–Mambo 4.5.x.

A word to the wise: smart template and extension developers who want to make money are supporting Mambo and Joomla. (E.g. JoomlaWorks, Community Builder, etc.) This maximizes your market audience and prepares you for the big migration back to Mambo from JunklaPile.

Joomla vs Mambo pissing contest is it who cares really as long as the site works and displays

have a good life

dpk Friend

you started the match, mate.

why not sod off if you have nothign to offer in the way of help.

I am a 2x paying member here, and I would like to get this template working on Mambo as well as Joomla.

dpk Friend

I have teline underway with mambo 4.5.5, hacking up the template and mods. drop a line anyone who is interested in the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dpk 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum