Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello guys,
    hope someone can enlight me how cache concept work in joomla because sometime i edit a template/module… but there’s no update in front end until i delete cache or set module to no cache, or clean JAT3 Cache..

Also i think Joomfish use cache because some modification i made can be view in some computer while other computer still display old version..

it so confusing…so many steps for a modification…

gonzela2006 Friend

Hi veeco,
    you can refer to that link
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#System_Settings

Hope this help you

korb Friend

<em>@veeco 206247 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello guys,
    hope someone can enlight me how cache concept work in joomla because sometime i edit a template/module… but there’s no update in front end until i delete cache or set module to no cache, or clean JAT3 Cache..

Also i think Joomfish use cache because some modification i made can be view in some computer while other computer still display old version..

it so confusing…so many steps for a modification…</blockquote>

Hi,
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#System_Settings
    Enable Development Mode – if you set this setting to Yes, it will completely disable all cache, so that you can always see instantly your customizations on page refresh. Setting this setting to No is recommended for production websites with huge traffic that need cache.

Mate, for your content components like JoomFish, K2, FlexiContent etc, you should ALWAYS disable cache in development stage. Disable compression settings of any kind. Joomla! core cache also must be disabled.

Generally, cache is for production websites, and must always be cleared after any changes in design, new content items, etc.

Also, if you have done any modifications, please use this checklist:
    – you have selected the layout in front-end, the one you are editing,
    – you have selected the profile to load the theme you are customizing,
    – the theme you are customizing is assigned to a profile, and this profile is selected in front-end.

Hope this helps.
    Danny

morgansito Friend

The problem is disable cache doesn’t work always. sometimes works ,another not.

It’s a real nightmare !!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  morgansito 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum