Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi

On the site under sales statistics I have found that you sell “Single Templates”. This seems to be a good solution for me as the developer membership is too much compared to how many of your templates I use on customers sites.

How can I buy a single template? I can’t find it anywhere…

Cheers, Thomas

ErikThorsen Friend

Joomlart no longer feature single template buys. You would need to buy the 3 months membership. This would also allow you access to all templates but you would be limited to use 1 template for your site and you would have to provide the URL for the site you would be using. 🙂

You would then have a 3 months membership and you would only pay 40 USD which is ( in my opinion ) the best price in the market. If I am not mistaken I think the price used to be about 35 USD for a single template back when they offered them, so not much of a price difference but a huge difference in what you get!

Hope this answered your questions?

kampp Friend

Thank you for answering.

:confused: It creates a big problem for me then.

As I most often need the same template for more than one site (let’s say 3 in this exsample) I would have to buy 3x”3 months memberships” just so that I can use the same template 2 times. To me 120 USD does not seem like a good price for the same template on 3 sites.

Using the membership version for 3 domains does not make sence as I would only need to use one more before having exceded the domains.

As I have no way of knowing what templates and on how many sites I need it/them for I can’t use that model. Nor do I see the “Developer membership” as a posibility right now as it’s cost is alot higher for the 3 domains I need it for. Also the problem with all the memberships is that I would have to pay for future templates that I don’t need.

What would you considder being the cheapest way of getting to use the same template on 3 sites with the possebility of using it on more sites?

Cheers, Thomas

ErikThorsen Friend

I’ll leave this for the JA Moderators or Administrators to answer. In my opinion though, if you are unsure of how many sites the template would be used on, the only solution would be the developer membership. This is the reason why they created the developer membership, so you can use templates on a number of sites, without thinking about how many you have “used up”. 🙂 But as mentioned, I think I will leave this for the admins to give you advice.

Michael Casha Friend

Ok, the one year membership is for 3 domains however I would suggest that if you require more than three, that you go with the 5 year standard membership which allows 10 domains.

kampp Friend

Hmm ok, still seems better with the solution of buying one template at a time for a resonable price. The thing that perhaps is confusing me is that I only need that one template for different sites, and therefore see no reason at all for paying for the many other templates and future ones.

If I have a f.i. the 3 site membership can it then be upgraded witoout havinh to pay the full price of the next membership level?

Cheers, Thomas

ErikThorsen Friend

I might be very off here but as far as I can recall, all other Joomla template club sites around only include 1 domain for your template ( or at least have restrictions as to how many sites you can use the template on ) ( for single template purchase I mean )

As I said, I might be off but at least quite a few of them have restrictions. The same goes for component providers and such.. 🙂

Michael Casha Friend

Well according to the comparison page, we only have “Upgrade to JATC Developer Membership – 1 year” but if you contact Hung Dinh he will be able to set you into the right path.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 10541 wrote:</em><blockquote>I might be very off here but as far as I can recall, all other Joomla template club sites around only include 1 domain for your template ( or at least have restrictions as to how many sites you can use the template on ) ( for single template purchase I mean )

As I said, I might be off but at least quite a few of them have restrictions. The same goes for component providers and such.. :-)</blockquote>
    Yeah, I feel that JoomlArt’s restrictions are better than some others!

whw07 Friend

Hopefully someone on the forums can help clear up my questions about membership restrictions. I tried using the Contact Us option, but have received no reply.

At first review it seemed that the 6 months Standard membership would suit my needs. However, when I began the process of “joining” with a Standard membership, I see a statement which says: “I will not use JA Club templates for my clients”.

Are Standard memberships limited to the purchaser’s own personal sites?

Also confusing is the statement about charity domains — again, does this refer only to the purchaser’s own personal sites?

As is the case of a few other posts I’ve seen, I only need 2-3 templates right now — and the high upfront cost of a Developer membership is just out of the question. I really like the templates at Joomlart — they are outstanding. But limitations of this sort in a template club (no single template purchases allowed, no using Standard membership on a client’s site, and the high cost of a Developer membership when only a few templates are needed) seem to put this club out of reach for a huge number of Joomla site providers.

Any further details about the Standard membership and use of templates would be greatly appreciated.

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@whw07 10551 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also confusing is the statement about charity domains — again, does this refer only to the purchaser’s own personal sites?

</blockquote>

1. If any of your domains or clients domain is non-profit/charity site the it is not counted to the total of licensed domain.
    <blockquote>However, when I began the process of “joining” with a Standard membership, I see a statement which says: “I will not use JA Club templates for my clients”.

Are Standard memberships limited to the purchaser’s own personal sites?

As is the case of a few other posts I’ve seen, I only need 2-3 templates right now</blockquote>

2. You can buy one year standard subscriptions as on behalf your your clients and may upgrade to developer when you need more license for future clients
    Hope I have cleared up your confusion

kampp Friend

Please define upgrade…

When upgrading from one memebership to another – do you pay the full price or the difference?
    In that case – what if I the day after buying the membership with 10 domains need another so that it’s 11 all in all, do I “lose” the money from the first purchase?

Hung Dinh Friend

You will have to pay the difference only.
    So the first purchase is tranfered to the upgrade, and you do not lose money 😉

Michael Casha Friend

For Your Information:

<blockquote> Hello,

Thank you for contacting JoomlArt and your interest in our templates.

Regarding single template purchase, we are sorry for no longer offering single purchase.

When you purchase the membership/developer membership for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or 5 years, you are entitled to download all available templates within 1 year since the date of your purchase. After your membership expires, you are allowed to continue using those templates.

If you are interested in our Membership packages, you can find the package comparison at http://www.joomlart.com/member/compare.php
    More information can also be found at JATC FAQs (http://www.joomlart.com/joomla_templates_club_faqs/448.html)

Please feel free to contact me if you are in need of further assistance and I would be happy to assist you.</blockquote>

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 10566 wrote:</em><blockquote>You will have to pay the difference only.
    So the first purchase is tranfered to the upgrade, and you do not lose money ;)</blockquote>

Just to clarify this further Hung, I plan to get another year when my subscription is due. so I would have paid a total of $120, already. Then let us say I like some of your new templates and need more license, if I upgrade to 5 years, will I just pay the difference of between my prior payments from the 5 year membership? That will be $80. For a total of $200.

Assuming you will indeed create great templates in the near future, and opted to have unlimited license during the fourth year, will I just pay the difference: $299

$200+$299=$499

Did I get this correctly?

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum