Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have JA TABS module with 6 tabs.

It is possible to have a button link to open a certain tab?

What code is needed to open a certain tab without clicking in tab’s module?

dig814 Friend

I need to do this as well. Any solutions?

TomC Moderator

I’m not sure what you are asking . . . isn’t the whole idea of the JA TABS to have/use the tab function?

You could always use another instance of JA TABS if you need/want more tabbed content

nguyenhuu quang Friend

yes, Im too.
    pls more descript allow us to help you
    thanks

dig814 Friend

Yes and no. Let just say for example, we have a services apge and have 5 services we offer listed in tabs. Now on another page, we reference a particular service and want to be able to hyperlink directly to that service. Now, we can only link to the page with all the services, not to a specific service. Is it possible to link directly to a certain tab?

TomC Moderator

<em>@dig814 127904 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes and no. Let just say for example, we have a services apge and have 5 services we offer listed in tabs. Now on another page, we reference a particular service and want to be able to hyperlink directly to that service. Now, we can only link to the page with all the services, not to a specific service. Is it possible to link directly to a certain tab?</blockquote>
    Correct me if I’m mistaken . . . but isn’t the content within the tabs content that has a page of it’s own anyway? Generally speaking, the content that is within tabs is a snipt of more detailed contact (on it’s own page) that the user can click to read.

dig814 Friend

Regardless of how you think we should set up the pages, you still never answered the question. Is it possible?

TomC Moderator

<em>@dig814 127906 wrote:</em><blockquote>Regardless of how you think we should set up the pages, you still never answered the question. Is it possible?</blockquote>
    You’re missing the point . . . the content within the tabs ARE linked pages.

Therefore, linking something to a “tab” (if possible) is not only counter productive, but ineffective. The solution is to set up the link to the specific content page with the respective service. If your “services page” is a list of services, then you can code the forward so that when the list page displays, that particular service will be in the middle (or at the top) . . . much like how many FAQ lists are programmed.

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum