Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I have a site with Swedish and English installed and used as a multi language site. The problem is in MEGA menu. The first level (level 1) is OK. Working correct!

But the sub level (menu level 2) only shows on the language I set as the primary (sort order 1 in Language Manager: Content Languages). It doesn’t matter if the Swedish or the English is primary. The sub menu only shows for the primary language.

If I check the rendered code. The code for the sub menu is missing so it’s not a CSS-problem of any kind.

Any ideas?

HeR0 Friend

Dears,

Please make sure that you create two menus for 2 languages.

HeR0 Friend

Dear,

Exactly it is a bug of megamenu. I notified to Dev team and back to you when i could get solution from they asap.
    Sorry for any incovenience.

Regards

smithpl Friend

Hi I use megamenu in multi language site but… I can’t set more than 1 menu
    If backend set lang to en I can use only en menu.
    After that, I see menu only when I looking on page in EN language. After change to other lang , the menu is disappearing…

Of course I made 3 identical menu PL,DE,EN but I don’t know how to use it with megamenu.

Any help?

HeR0 Friend

Hi Smithpl,

Yes, It’s a bug of T3 when viewing menu of multilanguage in template manager. The issue is raised at: https://github.com/t3framework/t3/issues/83. You can follow and join discussion there.

Regards

ejbjane Friend

I have the same problems as these two guys above and I really need a quick solution or response. Need to launch this site soon and I can’t until this problem is resolved. I suppose I could add a new profile for each site but I just feel that it should be possible without having to do this.

HeR0 Friend

Hi There,

Please try follow the solution on the github https://github.com/andergmartins/t3/commit/73ed9ee2bdc3a066b1234eac86520a7d1f68f867
    Hope it helps.

Regards

ejbjane Friend

It doesn’t help. In fact if I use the updated file I blows me completely off course, not displaying any megamenus in the backend and bringing the site down in the front end.

I also noticed that the megamenu is losing the icons and the coloms. It happens once in a while and I have yet to figure out what is causing it. However it does entail me having to go back into the menu and reconfiguring everything, time and time again.

This is really becoming annoying to be honest because it’s taking a lot of time and I can’t get the site out of production until there is a solution.

Liz

1. screenshot-problem-mega
    Wall Crasher Developer

Hi ejbjane,

This is a known issue of Megamenu, you should create a new template style ( or profile as you called) and two separate menu for each languages.

Creating a new template style is very easy, and that’s the way Joomla default function to handle multi-language.

Though the Megamenu configuration only shows the full content of the primary language in frontend. You can switch the primary language, then make configuration for the language you want and saved. You can then switch back the primary language later.

You should learn how to use the template style as it was the Joomla standard profile.

On frontend, the menu will render correctly.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 10 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum